#4 Kyle Langforward

I think the turning point for him was the game against the dogs where he burned about 3 guys running into goals unmarked in favour of snapping under pressure on his left from about 35m. Iirc a goal there would have made the margin 5 goals with 5 minutes to go and closed the door. One of the players he burned was Merrett who I’m sure let him know all about it during the week.

4 Likes

Yeap recall that moment.

I think he played well against the pies last Gamez his pressure acts were right up there again.

I hope he is carrying this into preseason and training the house down.

1 Like

Smith averaged more goals per game last season then any other season with us.
Should increase more if he plays more time forward and has his head screwed on

5 Likes

Smith is yet to acclimatise to the reaming all Essendon football players cop from the afl - both umpires and tribunal.

He needs to learn to shut the Fark up and use the aggression that the corrupt afl invokes to find an open opposition player / lay a tackle / do a sprint when his lungs are about to burst or some other game orientated act.

They all need to do this if we are going to ever make top 4.

The players have been doing some wrestling this pre season with the new fitness guy

Hopefully we see an aggressive Essendon team.

we lack that ferociousness/hunger for the contest that the top sides have

1 Like

Blue collar very Richmond like in their 2017 season I think will be the aim.

That aggression around the contest I think we will try and emulate, the relentless pressure then the turnover and counter in a might ducks type V of handballs then kick

1 Like

I would recommend a facial expression coach.

Even if they aren’t really putting in …. some well timed, animated expressions will impress the base.

4 Likes

Rutten did show some emotion. I reckon he’ll get more animated with each game he coaches

1 Like

BR_Jacket

47 Likes

Unfortunate news, its seems langford has hurt his shoulder at training in a hip and shoulder drill with McGrath.

He was down for a little while holding it then walked off into the hanger. Same shoulder he has strapped.

Ban

2 Likes

it begins, again

3 Likes

Thats one way to get a spot in the starting midfield, or will McGrath have to take out Durham next?

Enter … Hobbsy

1 Like

And so…it continues.

1 Like

not good news. he’s very important this year imo

1 Like

I’m sure you would like that

2 Likes

Hopefully just a stinger

1 Like

This is on you @Krack!

1 Like

Any update on how the scan went for THE?