#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Good vid up on the EFC site: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2017-12-01/btv-luke-lavender-interview

Get around him!

2 Likes

Pretty much what he said in the video.

They made him say that stuffā€¦ while they videoā€™d him!!!

Itā€™s even worse than I thought!!!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t say ā€œā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ once - clearly an imposter!

Glad he got a haircut, but wtf is that ā– ā– ā– ā–  on his lip???

12 Likes

19 Likes

Itā€™s a great story mate.

Really looking forward to watching him play.

Heā€™s a great size for AFL and being quick will be a massive advantage against lumbering rucks.

2 Likes

A homage to Joe. About as sparse as Daniherā€™s was at the same stage. That is taking the hero worship thing too far.

1 Like

Itā€™s a wonderful story and must be a massive thrill at home to see this happening.

As to being a Collingwood supporter - thatā€™s going to haunt you forever aaaaaannd ever.

As to not being a Collingwood supporter - thatā€™s going to be a blessing forever aaaaaannd ever.

edited for accuracy

2 Likes

No S_K is the step dad so heā€™s a bomber!

2 Likes

I take from the headline that the Luke lives on a roundabout.

Canā€™t wait to see Lukeā€™s development! He seems a lively type and our strike rate with Conor and Draperā€™s continued development gives me confidence.

1 Like

S_K. - firstly apologies for the dreadful slur. An unforgivable thing for me to suggest. Iā€™m so embarrassed.

aboods - thanks for enlightening me.

3 Likes

Hahaha. All good! Iā€™ve been called worse!

His father and I arenā€™t exactly the best of mates. Him being a Pies supporter is actually quite fitting!

8 Likes

Sounds like we should be preparing to sign the girls to our VFLW team in coming seasons :P.

The only thing I can think of that is worse is being called a Carlton supporter

2 Likes

People have been murdered for less

2 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying (& admiring) the way youā€™ve been letting us in to gain a little bit of insight into the journey your son is on.
Itā€™s quite a personal adventure that youā€™ve opened for us all to get a glimpse of, which is really special for everyone on this forum that wants to follow it.
Letā€™s hope it develops into a great career for Luke, which weā€™ll all feel so close to, thanks to your generosity.

25 Likes

So much this!

Thanks SK

2 Likes

I sometimes feel like I bang on about this too much, and that maybe youā€™ll all be bored of hearing about our stories. So I do appreciate this, thank you!

I think the crowds at yesterdayā€™s open training session really made him understand what it is to be at Essendon. That random people in the crowd knew who he was, and knew his back story, was mind blowing for him. He knows I am very passionate, but heā€™s starting to realise that there are many out there that Essendon is their life.

I spoke to him in his car coming home from Tulla, and the enthusiasm in his voice makes my, and his motherā€™s, heart sing. He drops names of players that are now his mates, and Iā€™m completely in awe!

From my end, this whole thing is still surreal. I keep wondering at what point will it seem like reality to me. Season launch, VFL Round 1, Iā€™m just not sure.

35 Likes

Teary

4 Likes

When he wins the ANZAC medal it will probably still feel surreal. By Grand final day though, you wonā€™t be surprised at all when he wins the Norm Smith

6 Likes