#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Always a sad day to see someone leave the club. All the very best to Luke with his future endeavours.

Take care of him for us @S_K

15 Likes

Damn.

Was really barracking for him to succeed. Would have been an amazing experience. A very mature decision to call it and focus on something else. Can’t have been easy.

5 Likes

“A number of ongoing discussions”, sounds like the club making the call (based on a number of factors, including injury) ‘cause they don’t see a long term future for him. All the best Luke

1 Like

Its explained now.

Thanks for trying Lav. I hope you have better luck with your next chapter in life.

3 Likes

It didn’t work out for him, but the lucky ■■■■■■■ still got to pull on the jumper in anger.

23 Likes

I don’t understand - doesn’t it say in the article you posted that he can’t be replaced?

Did I miss something?

I reckon good on him! Worked hard to get himself onto an AFL list and even though it didn’t happen for him in the end, what an experience!

The kid would’ve learned a hellava lot and was lucky enough to train alongside some of the best players in game.

He and his family would be incredibly proud of his effforts, as they should be. Well done, Luke! Best of luck for the future.

15 Likes

Are we now entitled to draft some one?

Sad. Hoped he would make it. Hope it wasn’t the club pushing him out. he was always going need 3-4years development.

2 Likes

Listed as an “alternate talent rookie spot”
So even if we could, depending on arcane deadlines, they’d have to be from a non footy background.
Not much point as this stage.

It’s time.

37 Likes

Thanks for sharing the journey, Luke and @S_K . The Purple Bombers have lost a great marketing opportunity, but Luke gets to keep his body functioning.

7 Likes

???

lavendar is purple

5 Likes

Well done to big LAV for getting this far, amazing experience. Very best wishes.

1 Like

Sorry to see him go. His dad was stoked when he got picked up. I hope he had a positive experience at the club and they looked after him. Hes a tall handsome kid. He will do well outside of footy.

3 Likes

Pretty sure we had a list spot free anyway on the rookie b list.

We were looking at another Irishman at one point. We also could have picked up Hanna who I thought looked pretty good in the one VFL game he played.

bec2c8d97651bb4d76a6bb268cb8e920

Luke, all the very best on the next phase of life.

Hope is sometimes found in the strangest places. After the Fark Carlton game last year, I headed to Sandy for the VFL game. Sandy were playing real dirty and our lads were just ‘absorbing ‘ it. Finally, a Sandy player had a go at someone again, this time, Luke put him on his ■■■■ . A few Sandy players tried to do something but Luke was having none of it. Next qtr, same thing, Luke went into protector mode again but this time the rest of the ESS boys close by, all stood up. It was at this point ‘hope’ returned to me. I knew we were on the right track and things would be different. So, thanks Luke, I really appreciated what you did.

PS: what were they thinking in making you play the VFL game at Willy when the rain came in horizontal.

30 Likes