404 Error: the Selwood you wanted to boo could not be found (teams for Geelong, 2019 round 7)

I’m at work. Booooooo!

2 Likes

Coaches we have, not list we have

Any word on Fanta yet???

Liam Read and at least two others listed as released are playing in the VFL. Look for some late changes (or rested players).

Begley won’t be one of them. I didn’t see the other three emergencies in the jumper presentation video just posted on our VFL Twitter (it only showed around ten players).

F*RK

If we cant make up an unexpected loss in the subsequent 20 matches then that tells me the loss to the Saints was the least of our problems.

2 Likes

Even still, we are 3-3 with a decent enough percentage. At the start of the season there was a thread about where we thought we would be after 6 rounds. Reckon most people would have said 3-3, with the few odd balls going for 6-0 or 0-6

3 things we need to improve today and it will help for a win

• at least match them in clearances, it hurt it’s first qtr last week
  • forward defensive pressure needs improvement, need Bags and a Tippa especially to do their thing
  • Kick the ball more directly, less handball through corridor we will win on a foot race

16 Likes

Maybe rested due to 5 day turnaround to swans game?

On those stats just use the corridor and don’t turn it over

Save it for the interludes in the DJ thread. :joy:

1 Like

Still think we will make top 4 either way.

Next 5 games very winnable for us which if we win 4 of 5 we will be in the top 4

1 Like

Over on BigFooty they’re saying Langford is in. Smith or Fantasia a late out?

Yep. Even though we lost last week we acquired ourselves well against one of the best sides going around.
Today will be another big test, if we win then we’d be favorites to win most of our remaining games, but a loss wouldn’t be tragic unless we get pumped.
I think we will win. It won’t be easy and they will keep coming at us for 4 quarters, but after we win the flag we will look back and say that after this game we “just knew”.

Langford and McNeice are not in the VFL team currently warming up.

1 Like

The “Smith is cooked” crew could be onto something

Quite a few changes from Geelong’s R9 team from last year, mostly to their forward line:

Followers
Rhys Stanley for Zac Smith
Brandan Parfit for Joel Selwood,

Forwards
Gary Rohan for Jordan Murdoch
Esava Ratugolea for Stewart Crameri
Luke Dahlhaus for George Horlin-Smith
Tom Atkins for Cory Gregson

Bench
Cameron Guthrie for James Parsons
Mark O’Connor for Jackson Thurlow
Jordan Clark for Jordan Cunico
Gryan Miers for Jed Bews

Yeesh. Langford for smith? McNiece for Fanta and we push McKenna up the ground?

Not thrilled with either of those options.

If Fanta is out im a bit puzzled as to why ham isn’t being given another run. Ditto Smith for that matter.

1 Like