404 Error: the Selwood you wanted to boo could not be found (teams for Geelong, 2019 round 7)

I miss Myers.

We all know that Ridley will get dropped for McNeice, just to balance Blitz.

3 Likes

Someone has to be the emergency for the seniors and miss out on both games

Thinking

Myers > Langford
Brown > Francis
Parish > Fantasia

Hooksey forward, Francis in defence

Bellchambers > Draper (either this week or next)

The big question is who, of the 7 interchange players named, is actually fully fit. Because if anyone thinks we can go into this game with any player who is “90% or 95% fit” and win it is an idiot. We need 22 players who can be counted on to play at 100% for four full quarters.

I very much doubt that Devon Smith is 100%. He wasn’t last week, and there’s nothing to indicate that he’s any better this week.

Assuming the rest are 100% (Fantasia being the main question, but maybe he’s 100%), I would take Ridley, Fantasia, Draper and Begley. Ridley’s obvious; Fantasia’s an automatic selection if fit; Draper because we need a true big man and his performances merit it; and Begley because he’s also earned it. Francis and McNiece have not.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Several times in recent years when games were close we’ve not held anyone back — and none were closer than these games.

2 Likes

Umm, how exactly has he earned it? He has played 1 full game in the VFL. Hardly set the world on fire either!

Also, McNiece was BOG in the VFL last week. So he actually has earned it.

8 Likes

BBB only plays VFL to get fitness!

1 Like

BIG
BOI
BEGLEY

1 Like

Draper, BBB, Franger, The.

tenor%20(9)

14 Likes

I thought he only went for the hot chips?

How can Parish be an out if named on the field?

2 Likes

Don’t ever confuse Begley with David J Richardson again.

We at Essendon do what we want. We wipe our butts with $20k fines.

4 Likes

Standing or sitting?

3 Likes

That’s a weird question!

2 Likes

Whateley is such a fool. Was talking about the team lineups this week and said Fantasia and Francis were key inclusions, but Devon Smith wasn’t ready to play.

He does realise that Smith played last week and therefore wouldn’t be included in team change information, right? Isn’t that his job to know that?

1 Like

Smith is cooked.

I’ll take a guess out of that extended bench…

Ridley, Fantasia, Langford and 1 of Draper/Francis.

They’ll give Smith another 5 days to get over his knee concern.
BBB needs another full game in the VFL, and McNeice is surplus to needs with Saad, McKenna + 2 mediums who can play small !

Meh. He made a mistake. I make a HEAP of mistakes everyday at work. My boss doesn’t barrack for Essendon so I can post that here.

5 Likes

Farkinell you blokes. The guy gets farkin dropped and ya still go on like farkin halfwits. Give it a farkin rest, will you?

9 Likes