#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Modern day players should have more stamina.

6 Likes

Itā€™s just such a clickbait article. The link to the article in the Hun app says ā€œTippa talks off a rivals circle Donā€, then when you actually click on it the headline is ā€œEssendon barometer Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti likely to stayā€¦ā€

1 Like

Of course rival clubs would be making him offers.

Heā€™s out of contract.

There would be more than 3 clubs doing so

1 Like

Players choose to leave because:

• they are offered a stupid amount of money
  • they want to go back home
  • not getting opportunities at their current club and the other club promises them heaps of games
  • feel tired and stale and need a change of scene
  • not happy with the coach/club - personality clashes
  • the club is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 
  • you get caught in the laundry with the captainā€™s wife

Walla wanting to leave doesnā€™t meet any of these criteria except potentially the first.

And you can make a list of why players chose to re-sign based on being happy, lots of opportunities, good club, spongy floorboards, good team mates etc.

7 Likes

You forgot ā€œbest online fan forum ā€œ

8 Likes

How silly of me.
Please add BigFooty Essendon to the list.

16 Likes

Hope he pads his stats against gc like Eddie has, twice

Thatā€™s silliness on stilts

1 Like

Not going anywhere

3 Likes

In my mind Walla has a life long job at this club if he wants it.

I think he is the perfect mentor for our Tiwi academy kids as we (hopefully) start to bring them down and introduce them to Melbourne and a professional footy system.

Regarding signingā€¦ just give Mozzie a pen and get him to hassle Walla until he signs.

15 Likes

Essendon supporter
Brought in as a Rookie
Loved by team mates
Adored by fans
Is considered best 22
Has a song about him

If the Dona table a decent offer I canā€™t see him going anywhere.

4 Likes

hate to tell you this but he grew up barracking for fark carlton.

i dont think he will move though. the club will do everything necessary to keep him here.

1 Like

Walla drips with loyalty and gratitude

2 Likes

Instaban

I thought un-banning was the flavour of the month on Blitz.

3 Likes

I would offer him a 5 year deal.

Takes him to 31 years of age.

Heā€™s been pretty durable as well for us touch wood.

1 Like

Out of contract and assessing all offers, so he can go back to his current club and ask for a longer & larger contract = a Managerā€™s job.

10 Likes

Delaying talks could backfire. If all our other out-of-contract players re-sign on good coin before the end of the season there might not be a whole lot left in the pot for Walla.

Universe boss

7 Likes

Itā€™ll be his biggest contract, depending on itā€™s length it may be his last too. Heā€™d be silly, and his manager negligent, if he didnā€™t try to maximise it.

For a mature age recruit, who didnā€™t have 5 years earning ridiculous coin for an 18-23 year old in the AFL system, this deal is probably his last opportunity to set himself up for a comfortable post-football life.

Ultimately, our offer will likely be less $s but should be the same number of years, whilst including some nice off-field inducements such as some community/ambassadorial roles and coaching opportunities.

3 Likes