#45 Anthony “Munny” Munkara

Munkara to be debuted via tactical sub for Dreamtime clash. We all know that it’s gonna happen

7 Likes

Could be the most important part of regenerating our list full stop.

Who knows this kids ceiling?

4 Likes

Other than the fact that Tiwi Islands has delivered;

Maurice Rioli Snr, Michael Long, Ronnie Burns, Dean Rioli , Cyril Rioli, Austin Wonaeamirri , Allen Christensen, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Dan Rioli, Junior Rioli, Ben Long, Maurice Rioli jnr, and now Anthony Munkara.

And that’s not counting the elite SANFL & WAFL players from Tiwi over the years.

Clearly there is a lot of talent out of a very small pool of players.

4 Likes

Get your point but Allan Christensen’s mum ( lovely lady) is from the islands but he was raised in the Geelong area ( I thought)

Born and raised in Lara, moved to Darwin for a few years during his teens before going back to the Falcons for his tac cup years

We clearly expect too much out of Cobden which has a population of 1,800;

Garry Rohan, Ben Cunnington, Jackson Merrett, Zac Merrett, Sean Darcy.

Chanting mmmmmmm kara.

I mean, you’ve listed 40 years worth of players there. Nobody’s denying that the Tiwis have produced a lot of great footballers and punch far above their weight. I’m just saying that we shouldn’t be complaining about “only” getting Walla and Munkara in recent times. That’s a great return from such a comparatively tiny population, especially considering we only missed out on Moju due to his F/S status.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody is expecting much out of Cobden, so I don’t know what your point is…

3 Likes

Reckon he will play some games couple in the vfl and then Dreamtime debut

As long as you clean up after yourself that’s fine.

Looking at this photo…if Setterfield is 192, then Munkara would be at least his height if not taller.

1 Like

Definitely. He’s almost the size of Hayes too who is 199cms.

Munkara is 196/197cms.

OMG…this blitz craze.

Munstar is standing closer to the camera, of course he would look taller.

26 Likes

Hahaha…I don’t think the population sign outside of Cobden has change in the 40 odd years that I have lived or visited family in the area.

:man_facepalming:

8 Likes

HOW DARE YOU LIE LIKE THAT???

MUNKARA IS A SEVEN FOOT FIVE FRENCHMAN WITH EIGHT FOOT WINGSPAN WHO PLAYS LIKE A GUARD AND WILL DOMINATE THE AFL FOR DECADES

3 Likes

Actually Ant

26 Likes

Worried about tsatas, he only comes up to Mark Harvey’s hip. What’s Harves, 186cm?

4 Likes

Played tall.

1 Like