#45 Conor McKenna - Return of The McK - nope

Put Conor on the wing

1 Like

It’s not identical but it’s closer than you’re saying. Jones made a personal choice not to take the vaccine, due to Covid. Conor was faced with restrictions meaning he couldn’t see his family with no idea when those restrictions might end due to Covid.

Both players were contracted, both original clubs would welcome them back.

Again, we’d be fools not to make the case.

3 Likes

Yep.

McBride is still with us and we have Joanne Doonan also, so we can only hope for now that he returns to us.

1 Like

Loved it when he was in the side.
He also made the casual warm up pre-game entertaining, with his flick kicks and goals from 40m out

2 Likes

In personally wouldn’t play both. McGrath and Conor with Redman is good enough. I thought Hind really struggled defensively this year and for me is not a lock in best 22.

13 Likes

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t want to come back to Essendon, still quite close to a lot of the players: Red dog, Lav, Guelfi, McGarth, Parish, Zerrett, Harry Jones.

Plus he said he wanted to come back to us when he left and we have the $ that no club can match.

7 Likes

Conor deciding to return, only to go to another club, would be the final kick in the teeth to the worst season ever.

30 Likes

And Megan Ryan.

1 Like

I’m more concerned how well Hind is going to lock down on McKenna when we play Geelong.

8 Likes

Would he get a game at Geelong?

2 Likes

Nah. Not old enough.

6 Likes

Can he surf though?

Has he said how long he will be back for

Car park clogger… Don’t want.

1 Like

He better pick us ffs!

Conor’s 2020 season was woeful.
So, he hasnt actually played good football since 2019.

Next year is 2023 and it will take a while to get back into AFL team defence structures etc…

Im not as bullish as others.
Curious to see how he goes if he does return to AFL.

6 Likes

I’m not looking forward to his 2 metre brain fart kicks to the opposition resulting in a goal, but I am looking forward to a 4 bounce dash up the wing and goal on the run from 55m.

Would you try in your job if your company’s ceo in a media press conference made a derogatory joke about your heritage and threw you under the bus?

X going is the best damned thing to happen to this club.

15 Likes

regardless of the COVID stuff, he fell right away with his form.
Not good enough for a guy on half a mil per year.

As long as he doesnt go to Carlton, i dont care if he plays elsewhere.

1 Like