#45 Conor McKenna - Return of The McK - nope

Everyone was always aware of Conor’s leg speed, but there was never a lot of talk about his endurance. In 2019 (I’m pretty sure), there was an article on the AFL website detailing which players from each club had covered the most distance in a match that season. Heppell was the clear leader at EFC, but Conor was the only other player to clock up 15km in a game (I believe it was against Carlton or Hawthorn, at the MCG).

So on top of being quick and strong (I recall training reports about how good he was in wrestling drills), he also has a good tank. As I’ve said before on here, the guy is an athletic freak (who was also one of the best field kicks in the league).

3 Likes

Is his brother still here?
When he left he had permanent residency. If you are out of the country over X years you can lose that status. Friends who went home to their country in 2020 lost theirs.
Perhaps reports of his coming back are connected to maintaining or regaining that status?
Understand he currently has dual citizenship ( Irish and UK). Maybe he could try for a third after living here again for a while.

X’s performance is not good enough for someone on even more.

6 Likes

Meh, that’s a no from me.

1 Like

Where do get that figure from?

1 Like

Isn’t he from Northern Ireland? So wouldn’t it just be UK citizenship?

3 Likes

I’m starting to think @barnz was not an X fan.

1 Like

You can’t spell grub with out X

5 Likes

Bring him back, back the truck up to his car and fill it with cash, play him in the middle. Enjoy!

2 Likes

and is bigger bodied and can take an overhead mark. Allows for McGrath to play the smaller running back. Imagine, Connor, McGrath and Redman streaming out of defense, yes please

7 Likes

No, Ireland accords eligibility to Irish citizenship to those from Northern Ireland.
He travelled on an Irish passport.
At an interview, when a reporter referred to him as being Northern Irish or UK, he said just call us Irish. You don’t stop being Irish because you are born over the border. It’s still the island of Ireland.

8 Likes

He’ll be coming back to win a Premiership. He’ll give it his all.
Make it happen.

3 Likes

EFA

3 Likes

I would prefer if there is no battering of Slavs

Same, has he indicated how long he will be wanting to come back for

If he committed to coming back for 3+ years I would be seriously considering it

If it’s only for a year or 2 then it’s a no.

If he is only coming back to make some quick coin, then it’s a no

1 Like

Or would he replace Heppell?? Wing/Defence role.

1 Like

Might be a stupid question. But if he goes to another club… do they need to trade us for him?

Or if he is picked up in a draft etc are we compensated under any free agency type stuff?

Basically I am hoping we get something for him or are we **** out of luck because of they retirement thing.

We get zero compensation, if he goes somewhere else.

You actually can’t “lose” permanent residency, however every 5 years all PR visa holders need to apply for a Resident Return Visa if they wish to leave Australia and return. If you don’t leave Australia your PR status continues on without it

To apply for a RRV you have to been in the country 2 years out of 5 (or show close continuing links to Australia)

Dam it, thank you

1 Like