#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Well I appreciate the caution some are showing about debuting Conor this year. I make the following points . His body is ready. He actually played a type of footy, with a round ball over his earlier teenage years. He has been fast tracked and he has responded. He would know the rules by now. He has been training with the team for nearly 9 months . He might have even been to some senior games , or even watched games on tele.

Bring him in, and give him a game, give him a taste of it this year, towards the end of the season even as a sub if you must.

Copy pasted from another thread:

Was going to start another thread but how averse would people be to upgrading McKenna?

He’s showing a bit and it’s not a “HE NEEDS TO BE IN THE 22” upgrade, but we could delist 7 without trying and I’d rather motivate him and have his magnet available on the board next year than pick 101.

CHF: Fap Fap Fap
FF: Fap Fap Fap

I would be surprised if McKenna plays senior footy this year. So exciting his growth but is still very early understanding the rules and aspects of the game. I know Neeld has his big critics but he has worked really well with this kid and the fruits are showing. Not AFL ready yet but I am surprised by round 14 of his first year it's even a tempting thought...means we have a brilliant prospect

‘When Irish fruits are showing’ eh?

Hope they upgrade him & give him a run against some lesser lights in the coast home.

Lord knows, we could use a little “Luck of the Oirish”

This guys going to be the type of player that we desperately need.

Can’t wait to see him play really well next year, then ask to be traded to Sydney because that’s where his future girlfriend’s family is from, only to end up at Port Adelaide because it’s not Perth, Sydney or County Kerry and definitely not Essendon.

Could be the difference for Port winning the flag, or finishing one place higher than Essendon (14th).

If Irish doesn't play this week I will blow up the TVS and rip Hirdys ■■■■ off, DEVO!

Fiddely Dee , Potatoes.

Give him a taste of AFL, even if he is the sub and see how he handles it before making a decision of how he might handle it.

I’d put money on his first touch being a goal.

Fecking bring him in!

the question is…why wouldn’t you bring him in

Just let the boy play

the question is....why wouldn't you bring him in

This. I am awaiting a detailed response from someone. Craigy??

Well you cant really say its because he isnt at AFL level (yet) Because the AFL team doesnt play at AFL level right now.

Well you cant really say its because he isnt at AFL level (yet) Because the AFL team doesnt play at AFL level right now.
That's why he should be playing.

The way the senior team has been playing it’s probably better that he doesn’t get a taste of it this year.

James Hird press conference July 11 2016.
" Conor would be an elite top ten draft pick if he was in the AFL system, and we would love to be able to find a way to get him into the team"

Just find a way. Right !

Don’t we have like 10 people out for the rest of the season?

James Hird press conference July 11 2016. " Conor would be an elite top ten draft pick if he was in the AFL system, and we would love to be able to find a way to get him into the team"

Just find a way. Right !

They could pretend Jobe is out injured for the rest of the season.

Will play before the end of the year.