#46 Tom “Tuth Jok Jok” Jok - you’re cut

more importantly, how tall was the grass?

2 Likes

Whats his form like? Is an option for Zaka’s spot?

I reckon he’s a better chance of being delisted this season than playing a senior game

5 Likes

Poor skills even for vfl level

Welcome to AFL finals Tuth.

Considering his first year at a new club and the injuries he’s had to deal with I think he’s shown a fair bit to work with.

Can’t see the club getting in a project player only to delist him after one season.

I don’t see the value in keeping somebody like Long on the list for 5 years or whatever it has been but Jok has definitely got some interesting skillsets. Speed, height and aerobic capacity is something you give every opportunity to succeed.

8 Likes

KM found his new pet.

2 Likes

He has shown enough and willingness to learn that he should stay another year. He has been hit hard with injuries this year.

If the attitude and work ethic are there, great. If he doesn’t seem like he’ll take the next step, make the call. Only the club knows what his personality is like.

We need to settle him down into a specific position/role and leave him there.

Would be odd, unless he has shown nothing at all. Which is not the case. So let him learn and see what happens.

1 Like

Only 1x Mauritian since the VFL/AFL’s inception? There would have been 2x had I been any good.

1 Like

Bring him in

Yeah, he seems to have been swung around a lot. I’d happily give him another year.

When he played his first couple of games in the VFL people were saying he had a long way to go but looked pretty promising. It’d be harsh to cut him after one year considering where he’s come from, unless his attitude is bad, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Deserves a game. I was there Saturday and his second half was very good and importantly he can play in virtually every position-including some excellent time in the ruck. Given it is a dead rubber, lets see what he has got on a big stage as there is not a lot to lose.

4 Likes

In the last few games I’ve seen some very good things from him. He has an ability to work his way out of traffic with the ball. I don’t think it is just speed of foot, more like awareness or what is around him. And his ball handling and kicking is pretty good, maybe better than good.
There is plenty there to suggest he could be a good player. Development of his physical strength is probably the most pressing need, and I think he is always going to be beanpole.

5 Likes

Desire to avoid body contact and ability to find his way through heavy traffic could be the same thing seen by 2 different people.

Nothing like each other.
Desire to avoid body contact is a guy who won’t go into traffic to get the ball in the first place. There’s not a lot wrong with avoiding body contact by running your way out of traffic due to pace, evasiveness and vision of what is around you.
Are you implying Jok is afraid of body contact?
If so, I haven’t seen it.

Reports of Dan Jordan being frustrated at Jok regularly avoiding contact. I have no examples of him doing it, but if the coach is annoyed at it there’s something there.

1 Like