#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

Asked about how the time trial went: "I don't want to talk about it."

I love this guy.

Literally have no idea why we drafted Kelly. Was it a good will gesture? He is going to be one of the slowest players in the AFL next year. In a team that needs pace

So he fluked the 2nd place in the B&F then?

I love this guy.

Literally have no idea why we drafted Kelly. Was it a good will gesture? He is going to be one of the slowest players in the AFL next year. In a team that needs pace

Pretty damn good on field, but also a locker room legend. Check out the Mad Monday video or the one on yesterdays time trial. Dont underestimate how important humor and fun are in a footy team.

I love this guy.

Pretty damn good on field, but also a locker room legend. Check out the Mad Monday video or the one on yesterdays time trial. Dont underestimate how important humor and fun are in a footy team.

Especially in this team

I agree with @gutteral on this. Kelly is absolutely awful fopr us. the problem is that hes too talented and too experienced. He contributes to the team far too much. why would you have a talented and experienced player on the field who gets alot of the ball when you could easily pick up a young player who will learn his craft in 2-3 years and leak goals? i just dont understand how hes on our list this year. what a joke.

Iā€™m going to preach heresy and say I would have let Goddard go rather than Kelly. Iā€™m really struggling to fit Goddard into my best 22.

I'm going to preach heresy and say I would have let Goddard go rather than Kelly. I'm really struggling to fit Goddard into my best 22.

Yeh. I would say Goddard needs to regain that elite disposal he had in 2013-14 otherwise he might be relegated to the starting bench or worse.

I'm going to preach heresy and say I would have let Goddard go rather than Kelly. I'm really struggling to fit Goddard into my best 22.

Yeh. I would say Goddard needs to regain that elite disposal he had in 2013-14 otherwise he might be relegated to the starting bench or worse.

We need to get another 16 games into him.

We need to get another 16 games into him.

Then pump his kids full of BETA so itā€™s all worthwhile

I dont know about you lot but i thought apart from a couple of down games, Goddard was pretty fkn handy last year. Easily best 22. Easily

I dont know about you lot but i thought apart from a couple of down games, Goddard was pretty fkn handy last year. Easily best 22. Easily

He came 4th in the Crichton, so he must have been going ok despite what people think they see. I canā€™t believe anyone doesnā€™t have him as automatic selection. With the 10 guys returning, he will be a huge luxury for the coaches to plug holes with wherever they may appear.

He came 4th in the Crichton, so he must have been going ok despite what people think they see. I canā€™t believe anyone doesnā€™t have him as automatic selection. With the 10 guys returning, he will be a huge luxury for the coaches to plug holes with wherever they may appear.

My worry is that he wonā€™t be quick enough to get to the hole in order to plug it.

Iā€™m so glad that the team isnā€™t picked by blitz.

Goddard is comfortably best 22, probably comfortably best 10. Kelly is also very easily best 22. Both guys are good decision makers with ball in hand, win more 50/50 contests than they lose and are great on field leaders. We actually donā€™t have many blokes who do that at the moment, so they easily get a game each week.

So many games the last two years Goddard was among two or three busting their absolute guts out in the last quarter.

I'm so glad that the team isn't picked by blitz.

Goddard is comfortably best 22, probably comfortably best 10. Kelly is also very easily best 22. Both guys are good decision makers with ball in hand, win more 50/50 contests than they lose and are great on field leaders. We actually donā€™t have many blokes who do that at the moment, so they easily get a game each week.

Does he really?

Iā€™d very much have Goddard and Kelly as our HBFā€™rs over Gleeson & McKenna in the short term.

Elite experienced AFL players vs up and comers.

Iā€™d like to see Goddard kick the ball forward and quickly occasionally. Guys who get easy stats and hold up the ball hinder the team.

Iā€™m convinced a lot of peopleudge games by stats, not by what they see.

I'd like to see Goddard kick the ball forward and quickly occasionally. Guys who get easy stats and hold up the ball hinder the team.

Iā€™m convinced a lot of peopleudge games by stats, not by what they see.

Spot on.

I agree with @gutteral on this. Kelly is absolutely awful fopr us. the problem is that hes too talented and too experienced. He contributes to the team far too much. why would you have a talented and experienced player on the field who gets alot of the ball when you could easily pick up a young player who will learn his craft in 2-3 years and leak goals? i just dont understand how hes on our list this year. what a joke.

I sense that you are being a tad facetious.

Goddard is one of the most underrated players on our list, He couldā€™ve easily said fark this after everything he had to deal with but he responded like a real Bomber.

Will play 20+ games next season and play well.