#47 Jye Menzie - till 2024

that was all in the one game, anzac day, again for a kid in his second season coming from bum ■■■■ know where, to playing infront of 90 odd thousand and people were going off their nut at him.

and B you’ve described most of the list with that description, hell that’s pretty much a tippa game now a days to a tee (minus the odd sublime pass here and there)

3 Likes

When he sprinted back towards open goal near the end of the Tigers games, did anyone else get Crameri vibes?

There’s something about the shape of him but he doesn’t have crameri’s wheels or bulk. That was fun times.

Did like seeing menzie getting up around wing half back laying tackles and smothers.

I reckon menzie and Luke pedlar might have been seperated at birth

1 Like

I see Menzie’s future as a Lachie Schultz type of forward. Not particularly quick but has good use of the body for his size and good positioning inside 50.

5 Likes

Not really. That Crameri run was a bit of a shock because no one knew he was that fast. On the other hand perhaps McPharlin just wasn’t that quick.

4 Likes

If we can get another small forward, that is quick and evasive, like ADJ to become a consistent threat, Menzie will be a great foil. He has footy smarts, decent overhead, decent strength and a nous for goal.
Chuck in Guelfi, Snelling, Tippa, etc and that puts a pressure on opposition teams to have small defenders with a decent bag of tricks to match them.

1 Like

Small to medium forwards under 22 ranked on goal average this year…

10 Likes

If anything, it reminded me of the goal Nick Kommer ran into and scored against Freo in early 2013, which put us infront after being down by 6 goals. It was similar to the Crameri goal against Freo in 2012

How is Rachele not on that list?

Couldn’t believe he came back on after that knock

36 Likes

What a tough nut.
Courageous Menzie, well done young lad.

6 Likes

He looks like a footballer

1 Like

Yeah earned his stripe today.

3 Likes

Put his body on the line in some big contests in the final few minutes too. Much respect.

19 Likes

Yeah hope he’s alright cause that was gnarly

I’ve got to admit he’s getting better. A little better, all the time.

5 Likes

I really like this tough little bugger

3 Likes

Can take a, knee to the face…

Hard as a cats head

2 Likes

Him and Caldwell running around with tape on, in the last 2 minutes applying pressures in the middle. Need more efforts like that when the game is up for grabs

15 Likes

He’s winning us over I reckon

1 Like