#49 Matt Dea

Can we ask him to just sign up for the PSD?

Watch Richmond try and lure him back.

It’s fanciful thinking, but you’d hope that other clubs would see him as an Essendon player now and stay away from him.

It won't be high. It wouldn't be before 55 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was very late or if no-one other than us was interested.

This.

Just like Brown last year.

If we want him, we’ll get him.

The signing doesn't excite me that much, and I find it very hard to get too enthusiastic because of the situation that has led to this, plus out of respect for the 12 players, our boys, who won't be able to play this year. Dea has played some reasonable footy at AFL level and he will do a job when called upon, and really that is all we can ask of any of these blokes. If they put in and give us effort, then they are fine by me.

Well said as for barracking for us as a youngin I hope he plays football on the oval and doesn’t just sit there and spectate like a lemming. Gumby, Rhino, Obi, Zants and Johnboy loved spectating but contributed squat to the actual game. May as well be adding more players on field for the opposition.

Who?

What are you so angry about?

You know Blitz has an ignore function right?

I doubt Dea would see 2016 as a superannuation year like the 30 something top ups might. He is 25 and might believe he can resurrect his career. If he does, he will put in the effort . Take Smack last year. It was last chance hotel for him and the guy finished in the top 10 of the BNF .

The signing doesn't excite me that much, and I find it very hard to get too enthusiastic because of the situation that has led to this, plus out of respect for the 12 players, our boys, who won't be able to play this year. Dea has played some reasonable footy at AFL level and he will do a job when called upon, and really that is all we can ask of any of these blokes. If they put in and give us effort, then they are fine by me.

Well said as for barracking for us as a youngin I hope he plays football on the oval and doesn’t just sit there and spectate like a lemming. Gumby, Rhino, Obi, Zants and Johnboy loved spectating but contributed squat to the actual game. May as well be adding more players on field for the opposition.

Who?

What are you so angry about?

At this stage he looks like starting in our best 22. Fair effort from him to get back to AFL standard.

Might have to use our first pick on him

Not.going.to.happen.

What round will he go?
This should be a poll.

You know I was taking the ■■■■, dont you.

Yeah I think should get through to our 4th. Considering we picked up Brown and Hartley with picks around about there IIRC that’s about right.

A 24yr old who already has proven himself very capable and knows our gameplan instantly & can step straight in as required and play on talls or smalls.

Hibbo after his gap year hijinx off field would want to turn on the professionalism switch again once back otherwise might see him lose his spot on HBF.

4th round.
Bags replacement

Might have to use our first pick on him

Not.going.to.happen.

What round will he go?
This should be a poll.

Dea Forward? - can take a mark, can apply good pressure.

He was good in Muriel’s Wedding

I predict Blitz to crash on this news.

I take it this is to fill Hibbo’s vacancy. Is he any good by foot? How does he compare to Ashby (who would be contending for the same position)?

Is he from Franga?

If not, don’t want.

I have no idea who this guy is, but I already like him.

I take it this is to fill Hibbo's vacancy. Is he any good by foot? How does he compare to Ashby (who would be contending for the same position)?

Found consistency last year in the VFL winning Richmond’s VFL best and fairest.

Last year’s stats:

I take it this is to fill Hibbo's vacancy. Is he any good by foot? How does he compare to Ashby (who would be contending for the same position)?

Dunno but if Ashby can’t get 20+ games this year it’s time to dust off the golf clubs.