#49 Matt Dea

A couple clangers but otherwise a very impressive game against Sandringham today. Reading the fall of the ball on a windy day better than nearly everyone, and marking and tackling everything.

4 Likes

Would love to see him back in the seniors. All heart.

Heartily concur.

He’s 10x better than mcneice, and about the same age. I hope that change is made

1 Like

This guy can tackle

BRING HIM IN

1 Like

He would have to come in given Geelongs tall forward line. Play him close on Menzel.

It may be on Crameri…

1 Like

About the same age, but nowhere near the same type of player.

What about Ambrose for Crameri? He has the endurance and the strength to match him, and is probably about the same size as well. Then play Hurley as a genuine, accountable key defender.

2 Likes

Just realised no Hurley. Oh well!

one is a afl player and one isn’t?

Lol, not quite, but I’ll just bail out and leave it to the jokes.

I’m honestly not sure what type of AFL player mcneice is. He looks way better at vfl level

To be fair to McNeice, he has played bugger all AFL yet, so it’s a bit hard to know whether he fits or not. Although it does amuse me that people who are constantly screaming for the club to give new players an extended run so we can see what they have, don’t seem to want to extend that same courtesy to a player they personally don’t rate. As for a comparison to Dea, he is shorter, quicker, more agile, and a better kick. Dea on the other hand is (obviously) bigger, stronger, better in the air, reads the play better, and his disposal is not as dodgy as some would like us to believe. I like Matty Dea, and believe he brings something to the side when we need him to come in, but he and McNeice are different players, with different roles.

4 Likes

Yep. Same with Lav. People crying that Langford doesnt get an extended run at it, yet the same people want lav dropped after 2 games.

1 Like

Massive upgrade on McNeice.
Lacks some pace and makes the odd error but gives his all and has a decent mark and kick. Hope we give him a block of games

12 Likes

That’s quite a few great games from DEA in the books. We definitely look stingier down back when he plays and is playing Baggers role better than Baggers who is playing his new role perfectly.

2 Likes

This guy is underrated. Myself
Included.

Talk about having ticker! How’s back with flight, clean hands and plays tall.

Stays!

1 Like

How the ■■■■ did we play McNeice over this guy
guy is our best small defender.

1 Like

Wait till he plays on a small

2 Likes