#49 Matt Dea

Looked shocking seeing his head hit the ground. Hope the poor fella is fine for next week.

1 Like

There were no replays at the ground, what happened exactly? We saw him go up for the mark then the play continued and he was laying flat on his back

Sort of got tunneled, (accidentally) and came down on his shoulder blades, and his head snapped backwards hard into the turf.

I reckon he’s a much better chance than Langford to play next week

I was stunned they let Langford stay on. Good on him and clearly was ok, but at first glance that looked bad.

No replays at the ground? Well you’d hate to be Mrs Dea at home, they played it 48 times from every angle in slow motion after the hit, ant half time and in the post game.

Then showed the trip of Dev another 53 to try and have him rubbed out

2 Likes

No way can he play next week, it was a bad knock.

Whenever this bloke is fit, he plays. He is such a great team player. Heart as big as Phar Laps, courage to burn.

Has taken his game to a new level this year and I hope he gets another contract.

2 Likes

Loved the mark he took standing right in front of Buddy.
What a legend. Hope he’s alright.

Hopefully he’s OK because we need more mid sized defenders for Hawthorn.

Was he actually concussed? Looked more neck/shoulder.

Out cold.
I’d call that concussed.

2 Likes

Probably thought his name was day.

Reckon Dea has almost cemented his place in a best 22 even in to next year.

Should be ahead of Gleeson in the pecking order at the start of 2019

1 Like

He’d be happy to hear that, seeing how he’s likely still in the middle of next year today.

*Get good soon Matty.

Was brutal seeing it live. If he had rotated a little bit more all of his weight would of come down on his neck.

Crazy courage though to go back with the flight airborn

He got the whole ugly ‘stiff arm/fingers clutching’ thing going.

4 Likes

Not a chance, Gleeson was in our top 5 in the preseason.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that too, I just thought that was a while afterwards which may have meant something else. That clutching thing usually happens straight away, my memory is a bit fuzzy so could be wrong.

It seemed to me that he was ‘out’ and unconsciously, he was clutching at a ball - it happens. Horrible to see, really.

2 Likes

It was nearly the same incident that he did against the Eagles, thankfully he got up that time. So courageous.

1 Like