#49 Matt Dea

Not even close to my best 22.

1 Like

Yeah, nor mine.
Great club man, good back up, but not best 22.

That’s ok,… your best 22 is about as relevant as any blitz best 22…

1 Like

Not last year. He did that in 2016 and a little in 2017 when we were lacking some talls, but in 2018 he was nearly always medium or smaller.

It was why him being dropped for the Collingwood game was weird.

The Age had a Finals prediction piece this morning
Listed all club’s players ins & outs.

Marty Dea was named as ‘delisted’

Is he the ultimate forgotten footballer.

1 Like

lol typical media

To be fair, he was delisted. Then re-rookied. They definitely should have been clearer, you’re right.

The article I read had an asterisk beside his name with a note below saying he was signed as a rookie

He’d be in my best 22…

2 Likes

Late correction by the Age
Standard stuff for them - never apologising for earlier errors

Hope it was Matty’s mum who contacted them to point it out.

1 Like

Is “Marty” their error or yours?

1 Like

I’m unsure if this was;

• a deeply ironic comment on the failings of modern journalism & the cost-cutting of sub editors
  • an unfortunate conjunction of aging eyes, autocorrect, & posting on a small screen
  • a subconscious shout out to the Gleeson boy

In case it was the second option, as a moderator, perhaps you could direct me to the AFL Umpires version of the Blitz site?
You know, the one where everything is posted in 48 point bold so everything is bleeding obvious.

#freekickEssendon

1 Like

We need this bloke back ASAP. Not the most talented by ■■■■ me he cares. Need someone who will put his body on the line and inspire others to do the same. For every Zerrett or Raz you need a bloke like Matty Dea doing the tough stuff. How far away is he from playing?

5 Likes

Anyone know if he is on hair loss treatments? Seems to have really good regrowth. Wonder what he is on

Had a chat to him on Saturday … week or two.

3 Likes

Will play on Sunday in the VFL.

Geez Smooth loves the BIG DEA.

2 Likes

Smooth has gone completely Lid Off

1 Like

He be ■■■■■■ handy in our backline right now

4 Likes

I’d put Dea in the leadership group.

4 Likes