#49 Matt Dea

Edited for greater accuracy

1 Like

Jaded ? Nope, still have a few Wives left in me

Realist ? Absolutely, though completely deluded according to my therapist.

F*ckstruckicity is a delusional state however it is worthwhile. Keep plugging away.

Creating a short list of candidates, strange that Mrs Fox is helping find her successor though !

Is this lonely hearts advice?

1 Like

Settle down love.

4 Likes

Matt Dea thread is a creepy place

1 Like

Just seen on the AFL website. Out for 6 weeks with a knee injury. Disappointed for him, we have a lot of half-back/3rd tall defensive options but heā€™s a real favourite of mine in the way he goes about itā€¦

15 Likes

Thatā€™s really disappointing for him. Hopefully he gets back quickly.

2 Likes

Yep, good club man and can play better than given credit for sometimes.

4 Likes

Commiserations @Darli

I know he is a favourite. Plenty of time for him to get back though.

Thanks @samwoodsā€¦ Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed.

Was just thinking last week that Matty could have a real impact this yearā€¦ might just be a little later than expected.

2 Likes

Knee injury will see him miss approx 6 weeks

Hopefully doesnā€™t set him back too far. He needed a lot to go right this year and this wonā€™t help. Was thinking he is the perfect body type to play on the de goey types.

Heā€™ll miss Anzac day now though

Thatā€™s very tough for him. I wish him well.
He has worked very hard for the club over a number of years and this will certainly make it difficult for him in the future.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that De Goey will be a certainty to play by then either.

6 weeks aint nothin. Hurry up though Matty.

(And letā€™s hope itā€™s really just 6 weeks)

1 Like

Agreed. Heā€™s best 22 for mine, we only lost 2 games last year when he played. Hopefully he gets back soon. :frowning:

Weā€™re also not blessed at the moment for backs who can play small (with McNiece requiring an LTI to play). Until Dea, Redman and Gleeson are fit weā€™re pretty stretched for depth in that position unless weā€™re willing to rob the forward line for Bags.

Maybe why Longā€™s been playing down there a bit in the preseason.

1 Like

Guelfi is a possible stop-gap, maybe. Taller than Bags, shorter than Dea.

1 Like

More often than not Dea stands a tall or 3rd tall type, rather than a crumbing player.
Essentially Gleesonā€™s matchup.