#49 Tom Hird

After all that happened and the impact the saga would have had on his childhood I’m surprised he doesn’t hate the sport and resent the club. So that’s good to hear.

Wonder if he’ll surpass Johnny Rayner!

7 Likes

WTF???

1 Like

Tex is in the JHA

Very big shoes to fill; expectation will be massive. Good luck to you young fellow.

2 Likes

Height: Hird-like
Weight: Hird-like
Ability: HIRD-LIKE

That’s all you need to know

27 Likes

Actually…I hate to burst bubbles, but last time I saw him he was more Ham like.

8 Likes

Get out

4 Likes

I know that but that doesn’t mean he will play for us

Reckon his old man would want him to play for Essendon Gav considers himself an Essendon person than Port.

1 Like

Does anyone know when was the last time he played football?

Interested to see what level he was playing before, giving it away.

Gav has already said he’d prefer that.

I AM ERECT.

2 Likes

yep. amazed he wants anything to do with footy

This was him at training last pre-season

6 Likes

Keep working Gav haha

1 Like

Amazing news! Aerobically speaking, he should be very fit from playing soccer. Would just need to start putting on some size and obviously getting back into the swing of playing AFL again. I wonder how early he’ll feature in the VFL.

Would be super curious how tall he is now? And I believe he was a midfielder in the juniors with clean hands IIRC.

1 Like

Things have got a couple of years to change. Would certainly add some spite to our matches from port (if he committed then changed his mind)
Port have taken plenty from us with ex-essendon recruits.
Wanganeen, hardwick, Cockatoo-Collins, Monfries, forster Knight, Cummings,

spine tingling to think we might have a wanganeen and Hird playing together again.

4 Likes

He’s going to be just like his parents. Outstanding footballer, excellent Scott McLaren caller-outerer and to top it all off, he’s an absolutely elite note taker

12 Likes

Yeah, it’s more of a “keep options open” scenario.

I image young Wanganeen will eventually go to Port.

Not sure about that. Unless he’s changed his mind in the last two years.