#49 Tom Hird

Blockquoterom when he trained with us, he’s quite a bit smaller than his dad, right?

Yes he is, but i went to see him when he trained. Hes definitely light, but has some serious skills. At one stage he actually took on Smith and dodged the tackle. He is quick on his feet and very agile. Considering who he was playing with he looked quite at home. I was worried for his safety though as the main guys weren’t going easy on him, and if a tackle did land he quite possibly would have died haha. But he surprised me at every turn and managed to evade them all.

Fletch was also training on the same day. Was a bit special to watch.

22 Likes

Good size.

5 Likes

Apparently he was 175cm this time last year.

when did he say this? excellent if true, I was sure gav said he was a port man

it’d be awesome if we ended up with tex

1 Like

Really?
Gav loves us but he is a Port man

1 Like

From my understanding… Gav didn’t mind which club Tex went to, as he loves both. But he said, Tex would likely choose Port Adelaide as he has barracked for them his whole life.

1 Like

Gav is on the board at Port so you would think Tex would be going there

Mate you’re testing me now. I’ve definitely read it though. He said he’d much rather him live in Melbourne and play footy for Essendon. I think living in Melbs was a big factor.

1 Like

In his open Mike interview i think said his heart lies with Essendon didn’t want leave Essendon but the pull to go home was too strong he’s thankful that he got a flag at Port otherwise he would have regreted the deccison.

3 Likes

If he stayed we would have won 99, 2000 and 01

17 Likes

images (57)

4 Likes

Here’s one from training last year. Apologies for the horrible quality

2 Likes

Could have been a two time Essendon premiership player 93,2000

Can play VFL?

4 Likes

Good news travels fast!

5 Likes

It’s ridiculous how much this has lifted my spirits.

36 Likes

Has there ever been four successive generations of one family play at VFL/AFL level for the one club?

3 Likes

Saw him in a match simulation last year(?) He was very small both in height and weight, very quick as I recall and a real terrier. Boy amongst men, he was being brushed off the ball. Accurate but not long kick. Delighted to see him having a go with the more mature body.

3 Likes