#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

You mean something more like this?

8 Likes

hahaha…that’s exactly as i read it also…

2 Likes

That’s the bloke!

Can I borrow the jag guvner?

1 Like

■■■■ has villains?

I think he has another 3+ years left in him. Its not like he had pace to start with. His endurance will not drop. Kicking skills will not drop and he is one of the most durable players we’ve had in a long time

It’ll be year to year with Stants now. Not many from his draft are still going, the 12 players picked before him are all finished. 2 or 3 others are still on a list. We did very well there in a rubbish draft

2 Likes

Shifty pool cleaners & evil Pizza delivery boys.

Actually checked him agin Buddy today. Just 6 months older, (a draft apart) both on 250, … Franklin has 5 years left of a 9 year contract.

Thought, well, … Stants should/could easily be good for 300 plus.

Why not? He could lose a bit of tank & still run harder & longer than most.

Yep, age is just a number if you’re still going strong. Only a major injury will stop him at this stage

2 Likes

confused what the coaching staff are trying to do with him at the moment.
Thought one of his great strengths was his running game.
Been a critic of his in the past (didn’t know he was carrying an injury at the time) but right now I don’t think the team is getting an opportunity to get the best out of him.

1 Like

Failed to body-line ground balls in the wet conditions.

Yeah its a bit confusing, his role might change as others get tired…

Fact is we have Zerret who has better disposal and is probably a bit faster too, and Parish is probably pushing him out as well.

He seems to be playing his role well though, part of the problem with some supporters was that he wasnt good enough to be our chief playmaker - never mind that he was our best option at the time…

If the side isn’t tracking well by mid season he may step aside or possibly get a tap on the shoulder.
We are not going to insult Stants by asking him to play VFL and at some point we need to give Redman, Morgan & Irish a decent look at it.

Footy can be a prick at times but hard decisions need to be made if your going to have success.

Get him on the fkn wing

There was a patch early in the fourth where he was really aggressive actually, nearly got us going

lol Blitz. Last week we were wondering if he would make it to 300 games.

Personally I’ve seen him as having his time running out for a while and he’d be one I’d be moving on to uncover some more youth for our next tip per HAP’s “where are we at” thread

WTF

1 Like

I like Stants but we’re not entering 2018 with Stanton, Buddha, Jobe, BJ and Kelly all still in our 22 another year older and slower.

Most if not all you’d think will retire or a couple kept on a 1 year deal with no guarantees of senior football.

IMO if any of them have a bad year, they’ll make the call themselves to retire. So barring a miracle you’d assume that a couple of them will call it quits.
Having said that, I think it would be a mistake to keep more than two or three of them on our list next year - unless we win a final this year and consider ourselves contenders in 2018.

Based only on the first three rounds, you’d keep Kelly, BJ and maybe Jobe, but it’s pointless making calls like that until much later in the year.

Yerp. May find Stanton running out season better than the others and racking them up like he did in 2015. His end of season was amazing.

He deserves opportunity to press for 300 games and is younger than the others as well.

Be interesting to see how it all eventuates at years end. Guess highly dependant on our season.

1 Like