#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Still calls for the handball receive from a teammate mark, without any plan as to what he is going to do with it. Trouble ensues. This is what I ridicule Cotchin for.
But more positively, tries his heart out.

Couldn't agree more....add to this his turnover rate and at 27 I'm not sure he is going to improve.....he definitely has the most trade value for us move him to GWS and get Adams and a 2nd round pick..........also no one ever suggests that he doesn't run hard or try he just has deficiencies as a player that at his age and experience level are probably not going to get better
Brave call in this place.
Also accurate

Solid player and a solid season.
Sorry to be harsh as I'm a pea heart and shouldn't use these words but his efforts and his form when the team is down, needing it's senior players to stand up is just not good enough. It's Jared Brennan esque to be blunt.
Maybe I'm expecting too much but the fact he shows such good form when the team is up and running I just want him to be more consistent in his efforts.

yes you are

Sorry to be harsh as I'm a pea heart and shouldn't use these words but his efforts and his form when the team is down, needing it's senior players to stand up is just not good enough. It's Jared Brennan esque to be blunt.
Maybe I'm expecting too much but the fact he shows such good form when the team is up and running I just want him to be more consistent in his efforts.

I agree with this.

Good player, can be very very good at times. Played one game that inspired me (I think he played injured the second half or something) but I don't think he did enough when jobe was out. Melksham stood right up, but I didn't feel like Stanton did.

That AFLPA stuff is impressive off field if true.

what's this?

Could barely get out of third gear late in the season, something was definitely hindering him

Very, very important player to our side. We don’t have many outside mids who can spread into space and link up like stants

I agree with this.

Good player, can be very very good at times. Played one game that inspired me (I think he played injured the second half or something) but I don't think he did enough when jobe was out. Melksham stood right up, but I didn't feel like Stanton did.

That AFLPA stuff is impressive off field if true.

what's this?

I'd also like to know what the AFLPA stuff is. 

Quote from Little Hirdy: His efforts were not only on the ground. He stood up to Finnis when the AFLPA tried to divide the players from the club. He was obviously affected by his loyalty and sense of responsibility, the attributes of an inspirational leader. 

Lets see any of you arsebangers keep up with B Stanton for just five minutes during the warm-up, let alone the main training session.

Do that then you can pipe up.

Lets see any of you arsebangers keep up with B Stanton for just five minutes during the warm-up, let alone the main training session.

Do that then you can pipe up.

Like M Bolton

The frustrating thing about Stanton is he often seems on the brink and capable of eliteness but never gets there.

You can’t fault his effort and work rate though.

I’ve come to accept that he tries to get the best out of himself and what will be will be.

Still calls for the handball receive from a teammate mark, without any plan as to what he is going to do with it. Trouble ensues. This is what I ridicule Cotchin for.But more positively, tries his heart out.

Couldn't agree more....add to this his turnover rate and at 27 I'm not sure he is going to improve.....he definitely has the most trade value for us move him to GWS and get Adams and a 2nd round pick..........also no one ever suggests that he doesn't run hard or try he just has deficiencies as a player that at his age and experience level are probably not going to get better
Brave call in this place.Also accurate
brave? yes but not accurate. so we trade one of our best proven mids for a pick 24ish and a gws kid that has done nothing to date

All this talk about Crowley being the best tagger this year and no one apart from Dangerfield has beaten him, Stanton smashed him in round 3!!!

Stanton runs harder than anyone on our list, Hopefully with the emergence of Melksham and Heppell as first class workers it makes his game easier,  So he doesn't have to run himself into the ground every week, Zaharakis should be forced to train with Stanton all pre season because he needs to get to that elite level if we're ever gonna challenge. 

Still calls for the handball receive from a teammate mark, without any plan as to what he is going to do with it. Trouble ensues. This is what I ridicule Cotchin for.

Agree with that. But that's a team thing (if he's got a guy on his ringer that he clearly doesn't know about, DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM!) as much as purely him.

Half the time (being generous) Zaha wasn't making anywhere near as many efforts as he should have, and with no Colyer or Winderlich too much of the running fell on Stanton's shoulders. Made it pretty easy for opposition to hone in on our outside run & stop us.

I'm not sure he's anywhere near as bad a kick as people think. Better disposal efficiency (70.8 vs 67% ) & less clangers (2.5per game vs 3.5 per game) than that little bald bloke who most people think is OK... GAJnr.

And around the same mark or better compared to the other comp leaders for kicks - Swan, Montagna, Walker & Malceski

He makes the odd fudge up, because he's a human person, but I don't think it's anywhere near as big a deal as some think.

But more positively, tries his heart out.

Brave call in this place.
Also accurate

good call, when Essendon is playing well so is Stanton, but when Essendon arnt going so well, Stanton goes missing, which is a shame, because he can be a very valulable player. he tends to have tunnel vission & at times, the amount of times he calls for the ball from the man who just marked it, whilst having no idea that he just about to get tackeled

How many brownlow votes did he poll?

Just the two.

brownlow vote; always a very accurate way to judge someone’s performance.

You were getting stuck into him last year too like the tool you are.

Very good player for the role in which he is requested to play. Some here think is an in and under midfielder.....he is a link up man who covers the ground and creates space for our players.

My only negative towards him is that he needs to work on is marking the ball inside 50, and making better decisions when disposing under pressure.

Great player!

Has the most career AFL goals on our current playing list with 130

Has the most career AFL goals on our current playing list with 130

fark me that is a sobering stat