#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Geez, anyone would think we may need to make room in the salary cap at the end of next year.

C’mon Stants… we need something associated with #5 to be at the club next year.

I’d like to discuss Brant Colledge in here please

No

NAB Trade Radio @traderadio Ramanauskas on Stanton contract: We wanted a 2 year deal, Ess only wanted 1. Now looks like being one with a trigger clause #NABTradeRadio
Which we should be doing with all our 30+s. Good result.
NAB Trade Radio @traderadio Ramanauskas on Stanton contract: We wanted a 2 year deal, Ess only wanted 1. Now looks like being one with a trigger clause #NABTradeRadio

He is 29 and has played 250 odd games for the club. There were two other AFL clubs chasing him hard. IMO we should have given him a two year deal. He has been loyal to Essendon, we should return the favour.

He is 29 and has played 250 odd games for the club. There were two other AFL clubs chasing him hard. IMO we should have given him a two year deal. He has been loyal to Essendon, we should return the favour.

They obviously weren't chasing him that hard. I'd also have been happy with 2, but I'm happy the club is at least having a slight bit of foresight in terms of waving long contracts around.

When you say he has been loyal to Essendon, has he had massive offers elsewhere and turned them down in the past?

Agree with HAP, he will be 30 in early 2016 season so one year plus trigger is fine.

When you say he has been loyal to Essendon, has he had massive offers elsewhere and turned them down in the past?

Agree with HAP, he will be 30 in early 2016 season so one year plus trigger is fine.

Loyal in that he stayed with us after a special group in west coast booed him.

Also the geriatrics at etihad

Re-signed

Good.

Beeeeaaaautiful

That video just sums up what playing for this club and this jumper means to him.

Very relieving and satisfying. On ya Stants.

It’s a safe deal for the club just in case Stants really drops away next season. I fully expect he won’t, he is a super-fit and durable players, 248 games in 12 seasons is better than 20 a year. On e year with a 2nd year option based on games played is a good compromise for both the club and Stants himself. Game #250 will be ticked off early next season, hopefully we can have Round 2 as a home match and celebrate a great milestone for a loyal clubman in fitting fashion.

Great news

Great news!

Hope he can get to 300 so that i can be there to boo him.

booooooo

Onya stants. Keep doin’ what you do, & fk anyone who boos. (Cockwombles, one & all)

glad to have stants on for another, he’s been a greater leader in the club