#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

As of last week - 9 rounds, 8 teams playing finals.

Dependent on Chairman Dan easing the restrictions.

Seen him in northcote the other week, wearing a Fark Carlton tracksuit top. Srsly

brent stantons association with carlton is just putrid.

can we coax him back with a never ending supply of durries?

4 Likes

Is that a running joke or was he actually a heavy smoker?

I think he’s a casual smoker rather than a heavy one. Many athletes can get away with the odd ciggie but a serious habit is always going to affect oxygen processing capacity which clearly wasn’t a problem for Stants.

The famous cyclist Eddie Merckx used to ride in smoky velodromes where fans would throw salami, smoke cigars and drink wine. Eddie would condition himself by having a ciggie in order to feel in the right place. He won lots and lots of times.

2 Likes

Depends what you called heavy. He’s an every day smoker, but I wouldn’t call it heavy use. More regular than heavy.

gotta die of something

1 Like

Some smokers never die.

An old employee of mine called round to the office the other day on some pretext or other. I was surprised. Lifelong HEAVY smoker, 78, morbidly obese, gasping for air, full on COPD, farkin lucky to be alive after 4 months of COVID tbh. One of our suppliers told me ( after he retired) that the bloke used to pick stuff up and sit in his car smoking. I guess thats what caused the oozing brown slime running down the windows on the inside of his car.

My brother, obese, lifelong smoker 81, COPD, multiple instances of DVT, they just dosed him up with rat poison whenever needed. He refuses to die. My brother reckons the governments anti smoking advertising/advice and massive tax on ciggies is quite deliberately just to spoil his enjoyment of life.

Smokes or not I still miss his gut running! He was regularly tagged, scragged and ran his ■■■■ off to create and chase. Bloody legend!
Stants was our midfield pack horse until he ran out of puff and more, younger and better options came along.

3 Likes

Sigh. I miss Brent.

Hopefully he’s teaching their mids how to handle a tag.

Cancelled today

1 Like

Hope lavy was paying him per game for their sake

Durries maybe

1 Like

Not a fan of our footy club at all is Stants

Oh well

1 Like

That’s a shame, but hardly unexpected. :cry:

Care to elaborate?

2 Likes