#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Good luck Brent- wish him all the best for his future. Been a great man for our Clib.

1 Like

Carlton copped a nasty defeat in Marsh 1 by Freo.
So Teague gave Stants the job of facing the media. Note for the Carlton people. Make sure the coach is on a platform, so that he is not looking up at the reporters all talking to him from a superior position.
Stants did quite well in the presser I thought.

MY EYES

1 Like

to be fair, its very common for assistants to do the pre-season pressers. it still doesent sit well with me that Stants has that polo on…

3 Likes

Apparently works with Teague as midfield coach, after a promotion from development coach. Stanton clearly has a key role on match day sitting alongside Teague in the box. Seemingly doing well in this phase of his career.

4 Likes

I assume he’s at Carlton teaching the team to kick into the man on the mark

4 Likes

Hate seeing him in FARK Carlton clothing.

Barracked for them as a kid

1 Like

I’d like to wish anyone tasked with keeping up with him the best of luck. Makes me want to vom just thinking about it.

1 Like

He had 3817 kicks credited to him in his career. Maybe 20 went into the man on the mark. What a way to disrespect one of our best players of recent times

14 Likes

said LEARNINGS twice

You forgot the multiple times under zero pressure he kicked between EFC players straight to the opposition.

When I used to attend games you would commonly hear me scream out STANTON multiple times every game.

Yes, he was my whipping boy when he played for us and yes I was overly critical of him in his playing days.

he was a very solid midfielder for us in a period of time when we really fkn sucked. he never deserved the amount he copped.

32 Likes

And he served it up to Finnis about who Finnis was supposed to be acting for in the Saga.

11 Likes

I haven’t forgotten a thing. I’ve also remembered all the kicks that hit teammates… which far outweighed his occasional turnovers.

5 Likes

Surely all you player bashers have current players to bash.

2 Likes

Myers just retired where in the lul until the next player emerges. TBC and Zaka early favourites.

1 Like

Langford

Welcome Brent