#5 Devon Smith

All the best for the future Dev.
He took a fair bit of stick on here from a few though.

Chances of him being an assistant coach next year?

How would the club go about giving him a full pre season?

Hurls is back playing now, and supposedly fit again, so he should be able to do a full pre-season with all the others. Yes, he’s getting long in the tooth, but we need another experienced forward right now, while we’re still training the young blokes in.

It’s a bloody shame Dev won’t be a part of it next year - because it could well be a repeat of 1993.

4 Likes

Was he YELLING?

2 Likes

Hurley is more cooked than Smith is

4 Likes

Maybe. Maybe not. We’ll see…

Here’s a thought. Based on our famous No. 5 and how we covet that number, bit like the No.10. Who might take it on now Dev’s gone?

Sam Durham. He’s got a bit of the Hirdy about him. And if not as great a player he’ll wear it with pride and do it complete justice.

Give it to pick 4 :wink:

Perce pls

He’s done, he was cooked pre injury

1 Like

Percebushby I wish I could live in that fantasy you’re in.

A) Hurley is so cooked he’s splatter on the microwave roof
B) Next year is going to be a repeat of this year, the furthest thing possible from 1993

Yeah Baby !!!
I’m with you Perc

I can see more differences in the way Hirdy and Durham play than I can similarities. They’re both courageous and good overhead and that’s about it. Durham is almost at the other end of the spectrum as far as football smarts and silk with ball-in-hand.

Nic Martin will definitely get the number 5 next year.

I reckon he’s got a bit of Gary Aires about him. Which is fine.

Totally, but going to be better.

Which injury ? He’s had a string of them, including hands and hip. He was fine until the first of them.

Perhaps you have a problem with English ? It’s very simple, but let me spell it out for you anyway:

Mick Hurley is supposed to have recovered from his injuries and be fit to play again. If that’s true, he’ll have a complete pre-season and be available for selection next year; if it’s not, he will have to retire.

For now, I’ll go with the official reports as there’s no reliable contradictory evidence.

“Fantasy” What bleeding fantasy ? Is it fantasy to accept the Club reports until contradictory evidence becomes available ?

As for our prospects for next year, and the possible parallels with 1992-1993 : it seems you’re too young to remember back to 1992 when we were as hopeless as we are now, 30 years later. Fine - be a soul-destroyed pessimist, but don’t expect the rest of us to follow your example. As far as I’m concerned, you can stick your pessimism where the monkey stuck his nuts, my friend.

Ah which injury? The one that nearly killed him.

You don’t really need to be competent with the English language to see that Hurley is done and will retire at seasons end? Perhaps as the years have gone on you’re eyes could be deceiving you. It does tend to happen over time.

I wish I lived in the fantasy world you live in making parallels to 93, that team was LOADED with talent, some of our greatest ever players played in that side and we had one of the greatest coaches of all time at the helm. Not to mention the more senior players had won premierships or played in the 90 Gf, this current team couldnt tie the laces of that team. Absolutely delusional you are. Not sure what’s worse, you thinking Hurley will go on next year or you thinking we’re on the verge of 93 type year next season

2 Likes

Oh boy

Whether Hurley goes again or not, we need a Hurley like figure up forward. Some old fart. Good enough they’re fringe 22, not good enough we can’t take them out the back after 2023.

Experienced enough to tell the younger guys where and how to set up.