#5 Devon Smith

Devonaise

1 Like

dev

You can host a podcast though.

Tom Browne saying we are the front runners for Smith

4 Likes

Jimmy Stewart mustā€™ve been in his ear.

ā€˜Mate, this place is unreal; they get more fans to training here than you guys get for home finals up thereā€™

24 Likes

Saints making a late play but Devon keen on a club with good injury prevention so surely Crowey helps us there

Genuinely surprised by Tom Browneā€™s report tonight. Was hearing FC were a fair way down the track with him with Geelong closely following the situation. Browne saying club injury management is a key in his decision. I guess weā€™ve been pretty good in that aspect recently.

4 Likes

Which is an impressive feat of acrobatics given their respective sizes.

1 Like

Would Green struggle for another contract if we landed Smith? Or do we need both to make sure at least one of them gets on the park?

Bring this **** right in.

2 Likes

Smith is a mid & wants to play there. Itā€™ll be Colyer he supersedes

Green as fwd pocket still required

Even if he was taking Greens fwd pocket however, we still need quality depth. That fwd pressure so important.

Looking back at some of Smith 2015 stats pre injury woes he had a couple of 25+ possession, 10 tackle gamesā€¦ hope we can get him back to that form.

Adrian Doddoro has walked into a meeting with Devon Smith, and said ā€œmidfieldā€. Then walked out.

Weā€™re front runners.

18 Likes

Forgot to mention the unzipping of his many jackets to show his seriousness.

5 Likes

I think Devon Smith would be a fantastic addition - probably the most suited to us of the three Ss. And we certainly wouldnā€™t be recruiting him to play in the forward line.

2 Likes

I wonder what he would cost, especially as GWS have given up players for fairly cheap in the past.

11 for Smith and 23.

Trade 23 for Stringer.

Trade 28 for Saad.

Jackets all round.

8 Likes

Really Need Langford or Lav to fill a midfield spot and Heppell to find his form. Zerrett, McGrath, Parish and Smith is a very small midfield.

Spongy floors likely to claim their first victim.

2 Likes

Pretty sure carlton have had a good injury record the last few years too

I think height gets a bit overrated when referring to midfielders. Sure, Iā€™d love a Bont, but what we really need are midfielders who do not get knocked off the ball in contested situations and can lay a tackle - this does not necessarily mean being tall.

Smith is short but he has a nuggety frame and is as tough as nails.

1 Like

Lloyd was saying that at the academy smith wouldnā€™t listen to instructions when they said to handball it to his teammate. When asked to handball, he responded by saying he could do more with the ball than the guy they wanted him to handball too. Arrogance!!!

6 Likes