#5 Devon Smith

Might be the wrong play but off the top of my head, in the last when they made a break and Heppel was left chasing their guy into an open fwd 50, was it Smith who sprinted in to help and chased all the way to the pocket causing a pressured kick that resulted in a point? He had hands on knees for a few seconds then jogged back to give an option for the kickout.
(As I said it might not have been that play but 1 very similar)
Just kept gut running both ways.
Farking champion effort.

2 Likes

It was 100%love smith

1 Like

Whenā€™s the last time we had a midfielder run like that? Very impressed.

Was at the game, and he just worked his ringer out all night. His repeat efforts to pressure and harass the crows midfield were critical - he set the tone and then maintained it. What a gem. Love that he has just that sprinkling of c*nt about him as well.

3 Likes

He works so hard. Bloke doesnā€™t stop running. Impressive debut.

Will be in leadership group next year.

1 Like

Covered 15.4 kā€™s for the game. The most of anyone on the ground.

14 Likes

Amazing

1 Like

Hepps covered 15.1 and Goddard was almost 15 also. Gibbs was their best with 14.8. Fantastic recruit.

Also impressive because it seemed Devon did it after a fair rest in the 3rd.

1 Like

Also despite that distance ran he only got 23 possessions.

So a lot of it was unrewarded running to pressure/outnumber/be an option etc which is all the more impressive

what a legend

6 Likes

Saad

Wrong play thenā€¦I know Smith did something very similar and his pressure cause a miss kick.

got the hand in to create the Goddard goal

What a friggin champ

2 Likes

3 Likes

Possesses the perfect amount of c*nt in his game

1 Like

How many more games before @karmabomber might have to admit he was wrong? Dev has now played three solid games in a row.

4 Likes

When Essendon pays everyone that takes a picture of the players.

1 Like

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry @splitround your gadget operation isnā€™t necessary

1 Like

So according to Crawf and Hirdy GWS are lacking on hardf defence in their midfield, and they not only donā€™t play him ad a mid, but also let him goā€¦