#5 Devon Smith

Thought he was good, runs and attacks hard. He’ll keep improving as he gels with the team more.

1 Like

Thought he was fantastic. Ran his guts out putting pressure on numerous times

11 Likes

He looks like a footballer and more importantly looks like a midfielder. There’s no “half back but maybe…” about him.

11 Likes

his pressure was immense tonight, great footballer.

Pressure, sharp with ball in hand, intensity - farken jet

1 Like

Didn’t particularly notice him in the first viewing while intoxicated and yelling with a +100bpm heart rate. Will be interesting to watch him in the replay.

did a lot off the ball in terms of pressure.

1 Like

Waiting for a gif of him dumping that guy off the ball. Top notch angry little manning that was

3 Likes

Didn’t notice him much in the second half but very much significant in ensuring we always a credible set of midfielders available.

And he’s our annoying little ■■■■.

3 Likes

Only 7 possessions after half time. But 4 of his tackles

1 Like

Not many possessions after half time but did the most kms of anyone on the ground. Kept running all night. Applied pressure when we needed it. Will turn those kms into more possessions when the chemistry with the team improves.

Great get.

2 Likes

Was amazing running both ways.

Slogged his guts every second he was on the ground.

Didn’t allow an opposition player a second of free time when he was in the vicinity.

Can tell this guy is just going to tear his soul out every game for the club and get 25 touches and a goal or so every week.

2 Likes

i was near the boundary, cant remember what qtr, but the adelaide guy was just sorta sheparding it to let it run out, and smith is just bolting in to lay a tackle, realises he can’t without giving a free kick away, so just half pretends to tackle him while shoving him into the fence.

I laughed, thought god you’re an angry little ■■■■, then said i loved it. best part is he kept doing those niggly little things.

5 Likes

This. He provides the mongrel that our club has desperately lacked in recent years.

2 Likes

instant senior midfielder

one we really really needed too

not that Stringer’s been bad, but Smith has been the best pick up game in game out and would be leading our B&F if it started from JLT

3 Likes

fkg lol

1 Like

KEV

1 Like

We needed to improve midfield pressure so we move McGrath there plus bring in a bloke who is off the charts in it.

47 pressure acts for the game.

He was still sprinting fwd in that play when Begley kicked sealer also.

What a pick up for fark all really. Both Smith & Stringer for a 1st and second rounder essentially.

Love Smiths aggro.

13 Likes

Fine, I’ll do it

11 Likes

Very good player and fantastic debut. Couple of rainmakers last night but is a great addition