#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Haven’t heard any news… and don’t have any inside sources… but called it early that it was “full blown” OP. Got smashed by the usual suspects but call me unsurprised by the latest updates.

They will claim it couldn’t be helped and playing him did “no further harm” but I call BS on that too. Clearly injured and clearly carrying something probably from the off season. Why it wasn’t dealt with properly is a mystery.

Now you just start to worry that it isn’t career threatening… which chronic OP can be.

I think they purposely sabotaged Joey’s career. We have an opposition plant, people, wake up!

2 Likes

RIP in peace big joe dirt

You ruined it by not saying “sheeple”.

2 Likes

Have they operated or are they taking the conservative, rest for the next 6 months then put him in for surgery and delay his recovery for another 6 months scenario?

Don’t be silly, we don’t operate until 4 weeks from the season start!

1 Like

Sounds like hes gone for the season. Put him into surgery if needed and get him ready for 2019, hopefully with a new fitness and medical staff

2 Likes

They forgot to pay the private health bill. Stuck in the public health system.

1 Like

I think they are waiting for a groin donor.

Maybe a kind Blitzer could donate their groin?

didn’t think you operated for op

The article on AFL.com says the “back end of the season”. No operation. Just continuing to treat it and strengthen it by the sounds of it.

Put him on ice for the year and once recovered goal kicking practice until preseason starts.

Devastating.

Can’t help but feel playing him in that glut of games did him no favours. Turning into a horror year.

1 Like

I didn’t think there was an operation for OP? Isn’t it just rest?

2 Likes
"Stages of Rehabilitation

Rest is essential to unload the injured region. This will almost certainly entail a cessation of running and kicking. In the acute stage, it may even require the use of crutches if walking is painful.

Retrain stabilisation control of the pelvic girdle via extremely specific exercises. You will need to consult your physiotherapist for these unique exercises including core stabilisation exercises.

Normalise the adjacent soft tissue and muscle flexibility to avoid excessive forces being placed through the region. Assess and improve lumbo-pelvic, hip and lower limb biomechanics. Your physio will know what to do.

Early return to sport is via less stressful activities such as cycling, swimming with a pool buoy. These activities should be slowly progressed in consultation with your therapist. Use these activities to maintain your cardiovascular fitness.

Once pain permits, light straight-line running drills may commence.

It is not uncommon for this rehabilitation process to take in excess of three months.

This condition is tricky to treat. Please consult your sports physician or physiotherapist for expert advice".

Let’s get him fully fit for 2019 - 2018’s gone already. We must try some younger, keener(?) players to see who might make it and make us into a top team again. (It’s been so long since we were!) Bomber Thompson said we’d never be any good while those who were involved in the Saga remain. I’m beginning to think he’s right!

1 Like

Now that would be the sensible way to go, wouldn’t it?

Seasons done, why would he possibly play again this year?

As he said in his presser hoping to play finals

Despite how garbage we’ve been we are only 2 games out of the 8. It’s highly unlikely we make it all the same but you never know, he might be difference late in season in important games we need to win.

Wont be rushed but if he’s ready to go later in year so be it

I guess whatever plan we come up with long term has to include him so there is that.

We all know we aren’t playing finals though.