#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

its been a while for robbo, needs to tap back into the build up essendons finals chances then take pot shots at “people hyping essendon”, when the grub was one all along.

2 Likes

How does this compare to another sides talls? Like West Coast? Just out of curiosity. Tall forwards generally aren’t known for their pressure.

3 Likes

It didn’t show their numbers due to only showing the worst at it.

I recall seeing an article late last year having both Kennedy and Darling as in the top echelon for pressure.

Obviously the Tigers are also renowned for it.

1 Like

Well there you go - when the experts talk, you gotta listen.
After one practice match.
A year of no football.
No training watching.
Half a game to ease him in.
With instructions not to over do it.
Yep, you gotta listen.
Burp.

13 Likes

Top echelon for talls or overall?

Yeah but the tigers haven’t had a particularly tall forward line. That’s the only reason i asked about West Coast. And lets face it, that list includes Smack and Stewart who aren’t best 22. So really we have Joe and Brown who don’t apply enough pressure but then our smaller guys are pretty good.

1 Like

You don’t think he has a few sheafs waiting to trot out?

I’m not expecting him to tackle.
In fact, I’d probably rather he didn’t, because he’s not going to do it very well.
But he’s a big guy.
He can put his hands up when he’s on the mark.
He can put his arms out when a defender is scrambling in the pocket.
He can be stronger in marking contests.
And he can do all these things with twirling fingers, a smile on his face, and not one extra step.

9 Likes

I am assuming it was for talls but I can’t find the article.

And this is the problem.
If people want to take stats like these seriously, there needs to be at least some kind of effort to make them relative, not mold them to substantiate an opinion. ‘average’ and ‘poor’… in what context? Against other forwards? All forwards? All time? Only forwards? What’s a pressure act? over what period is this noted? There are so many unknowns that it once again becomes useless rubbish. I hate how people have come to take this ■■■■ as some kind of genuine info.

6 Likes

I think that’s the point Slobbo is raising.

we have an abundance of taels to choose from but if they don’t apply pressure should we be using them?

I prefer the Richmond set up personally.

Form your own opinions Deckham.

Always so easy to shoot down these stats but without offering anything to counter.

I agree, Joe is not the problem, but I think Slobbo is using Joe as the example because he knows it will create a headline.

I think he’s just having a crack at our overall set up and lack of pressure.

1 Like

That’s not a bad thing! Of course I’ll shoot them down. You provide rubbish with nothing behind it, and I’ll point out that it’s rubbish with nothing behind it ffs.

I’m not sure. We were dangerous in 2017. It’s hard to say at the moment because we’ve had a makeshift forward line for the last season. On a side note, it will be interesting to see Richmonds new forward setup.

1 Like

Exactly. Theyre a small fleet.

1 Like

flog

lol…me?
hahahaha…don’t take it personally - I’m not meaning it that way.

Ehhhhh, I reckon the first few pars were a decent crack at him.
FWIW, I think Lloyd is a silly comparison because he’s just a completely different body type.
If you want to talk about how…I dunno, Justin Madden or Shaun Rehn or someone got some mongrel in them, then fine.

But there are some things to do with intensity that Essendon in general and very much Joe in particular can improve on.

1 Like

Bit of a hypocrite there. Telling me off for personal insults the otherday and then you throw this out at deckham. You’re a true degenerate