#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

He was slowing things down. What arrogance??

6 Likes

Joe has bad games so that we appreciate his great games. Next week he’ll kick six.

1 Like

Im suprised that after 7 years pf AFL football he STILL flies soooooooo early

Like, if your gonna be selfish and take mark of the year evert contest, at least time it right. He is SO bad at reading when to jump

2 Likes

Can someone at the club tell him to stop trying to take ‘mark of the year’ 5 times a game and just put his hands up and take the mark. Oh, and do some work on his goal kicking.

1 Like

I understand that. All I meant was given the game he had, a fully sealed lid on head would have been more appropriate.

He plays a good game once every 4 or 5 weeks.

Hopefully we see that again soon.

I’m not sure what it says about this club that both people in charge and the players voted for him to be apart of the leadership group.

I’d still rather have mckernan and brown out there above and beyond him, for no other fact that those 2 play for the team and play within their skill set.

Daniher isn’t the only one, but you know what people need to tell him, just do the simple things good and the rest takes care of itself. he seems to think he’s a 6 ft midfielder with the skill and brains of a James Hird type.

Him and mckenna trying to hit the hardest pass every ■■■■■■■ time is really starting to drive me up the wall.

There was an interesting contrast in the last quarter: Francis lead out, marked and then kicked the goal. Just what a KPF should do. Joe was hit on the chest at least twice and both times he missed a goal he should have kicked. Then the free in the last - I don’t know what he was thinking - but it was another golden opportunity to goal and he missed it.

He is frustrating Daniher

I really want him to assert himself physically on a game and be more physical if he isn’t kicking goals

Reminds me of Buddy in 2008

Hawks looked too much for him

Had 4 shots, wasn’t outmarked in a contest and was playing on the should be AA full back.

Panic stations

3 Likes

Is that the minimum standard for any other player in the club to hold his spot? … And on the leadership team. Lol.

It’s not panic stations, but it’s annoying stations.
How many free kicks did he give away?
He just does stupid stuff with and without the ball…too often. It happens less when he’s in good form and I think it’s because when he’s struggling he gets desperate to impact things.

Edit: Surely the coaches are trying to get this stuff out of his game, but it’s worry that it hasn’t already been removed considering he’s 25 now.

1 Like

You’re right, but he’s been reset a few times. Patience.

1 Like

That’s a good line… I’m going to use it with my wife… just for her to throw it back at me with 10 times the venom at some later date.

1 Like

Joey was once the icing on the cake in the forward line. We have to learn to play well without him and if he plays anything he does well becomes the cherry on the top.

Otherwise, if he plays he becomes a distraction decoy for a defender.

2 Likes

He might be better off in the back line / ruck because he just cannot kick. Doesn’t need to take speccies in the back line either.

1 Like

Joe the cherry on top? He kicked 65 goals the last season he was completely fit.

When he’s fit he is the core of our forwardline and everything basically works around him.

Short memories

9 Likes

Had 4 shots, had 4 fly’s at marks blah blah… Problem is he hardly ever converts those goals. When he does it’s rare. The marks he fly’s for mostly end up as frees against him or on one occasion he takes a hanger. As people have said it’s been 6 years of the same ■■■■. He’s not going to change anytime soon.

2 Likes

Not a short memory I can still remember back then. He is NOT the same footballer since being injured most of the season last year. Maybe he can be again if he can stay injury free but who knows? He isn’t we all hope he can get fit and play well but it an unknown at this point in time.