#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

No accountability.

1 Like

You’re right. I got the details wrong.

My point though, was that they had a well thought out (I assume) plan to bring him back through one or more VFL games (so lower intensity games), presumably with restricted minutes, and build him up slowly. Instead, as a result of someone getting ill, they brought him straight back into the seniors (so we could beat farking North Melbourne of all teams) and he played two AFL games (including the super high intensity ANZAC game) in 6 days.

Did that have an impact on what’s happened now? I have no idea, but we’re entitled to ask questions about that

5 Likes

Joey playing while injured is probably indicative of the injury and the rest of JDs career. It doesn’t sound like something you get rid of, just manage… can’t blame the fitness staff for testing JDs ability to play with it… it may be that or nothing

3 Likes

Another thread wasted

They need to give him whatever surgery Brad Crouch had last year for his OP (because i’m a doctor and all injuries are the same). Crouch is already back to racking up 35 touches and hasn’t missed a game this season. Mitch and Smack can cover Joey. Take the Dev Smith approach.

We’d also end up with 3 picks to try to find a decent player in the mid season draft.

7 Likes

afb761305f68eec5529a4ec13b878576c48feda2_2_281x500 f15e8d1c30e12d09d94a8e7a5cb0e634ed8ba4fb_2_281x500

Then the afl jumps on the story. No accountability if he’s incorrect. Newsbreaker if he is.

2 Likes

FFFFAAAAAARRRRRRCCCCCCKKKKK

There is no good thing in this. Joe a once in a generation player. Never got to really see what he could have become. Even in his good season you could see he was only scratching the surface of what he was capable of.

I love Smack and Brown, and I think they are solid players but that all they ever will be.

4 Likes

i used to get wound up about, but i’m a bit over it all now. we’re ■■■■ and i’ve dealt with it.

6 Likes

The club has thrown two years of Joe at his peak down the drain. Joe is now 25, he’s not a kid any more. This is his 7th season. Look at all the great key forwards throughout the years, their best seasons are in their early-mid 20s. Lloydy’s best years were 1999-2004, that’s age 21-26. Maybe the peak years can be extended nowadays, but by that timeline we really have only one more season of him at his absolute peak. Someone’s ■■■■ needs to be fired over this.

2 Likes

How did they throw last year down the drain?

Its not the clubs fault joe came down with OP.
This is sport, these things happen.

We dont even know the full story yet, but If he has had a reaccurence then maybe we should question the way we handled him this season.

3 Likes

It amazes me that people think the players don’t care as much as the supporters.

6 Likes

It was obvious this time last week that something was wrong with Joe.

He was rested for Sydney game yet he was touch and go for Freo game. Sometimes you got to delve a little deeper into what the club is telling us

It was mis-managed from the preseason. The club did throw away Joe’s 2018 season.

No they didnt,
This isnt an injury where you feel it and if you are made to sit down straight away you’ll be good as gold.

Joe was never going to play more than a handful of games last year,

I agree he shouldnt have played the first half of the season but either way he wasnt getting on the ground wth OP.

1 Like

Norf, pies cats wasn’t 11 days it 17.

Take your point about rushing him in for norf in the first place and jlt though

This time I agree with you, there is no amount of ‘he’s ■■■■■■’ that will be enough.

Cue Joe D going for double adductor releases surgery in the next month.

Why? I don’t think all players would be emotionally invested in the club they play for.

If you’re not loving your job you shrug your shoulders and say “oh well, its just a job, as long as I’m getting paid”. It is just a workplace at the end of the day.

For the supporters however, following the club is not a job or a chore, its a passion (whether it be following for fun or love or obsession.

Look at the different players who still barrack for other clubs (Langford sporting a bulldogs scarf at the GF that year)? Of which I don’t have a problem with of course.

You think they play footy every day from a very young age and dedicate themselves to it totally to get to the top level and then say “meh, it’s just a job”? They all want a flag. It’s ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

2 Likes

Having had OP it’s not all the same unfortunately.
Mine was caused by an impingement in my hip, others can be caused from a lack of core strength, their natural running technique, an injury which as a consequence causes a change in running technique etc (like his knee).
I had the impingement on my hip fixed which helped the OP, but my hip is permanently sore now as all the cartilage had to be removed, so an operation isn’t always the best road to being able to play football.

His 2019 OP may not even be caused by the same issues as last year. It’s a real prick of a thing.

4 Likes