#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

i’m stoked he’s back.

5 Likes

Agreed. Is a smart player. And courageous. And is taller than many realise. Is the same height as Ambrose and only 1cm off Hurley and Franga. 25 next month. Great to see him back & growing.

I just don’t see it with him. I’m on my own no doubt but doesn’t fill me with confidence

feel like he works best as that floating sweeper. however with francis and hurley in the side its gonna be hard for him. might get a chance in the next few weeks to become a general of our backline.

My favourite attribute of mine is his abilty to just assess the situation and pick out a kick when everyone is going helter-skelter.

I wasn’t a fan. But last 2 weeks he has been outstanding imo

1 Like

I disagree. I think he panics. I’ve never really seen it. I’d play Zerk or Ridley ahead of him

Disagreed.

I think many have forgotten just ‘how good’ Marty was pre-injury. He was arguably one of our best players in our last finals loss. I became a big fan.

Then, he suffered a serious injury. And took forever to recover. Granted, I was guilty of a myopic view. Saying that, I still had him in my best 22 pre-season, but switched him out early on for Ridley. I also argued that Redman and Ridley had gone past him. That wasn’t because I didn’t think he was any good - just that I thought he would struggle to return from his injury. The game has a habit of moving on and sometimes players don’t make it back.

I have watched him closely since his return and am convinced that he hasn’t lost the art. Is building nicely and is gunna present headaches at the selection table moving forward. Great stuff, Marty. And keep up the good work. You are a vital cog down back now with our depletions. #leadership

13 Likes

Saad, McKenna AND Gleeson thank you media experts.

We’ve added another layer to our rebound off half back.

2 Likes

I’d have Redders in that group too.

4 Likes

Gleeson is gonna make a lot people eat their words. He may not be as polished as Ridley but TheFoetus has gonads, taking strong and courageous intercepts and then looking to move the ball quick and direct.

That contested intercept he took one-handed at true CHB was amazing and then he left his opponent in his wake to deliver i50.

A MartyParty erupted… in my pants.

4 Likes

Yeah. Remember someone saying (after just his first game back) all Gleeson would ever be is a nice player. Stuff abt not attaching the ball idk.
Had him second in my votes with a stellar effort tonight.
Critical to our counterattack and much more than a nice player

2 Likes

:rofl: You are very funny, dude or dudette.

People commenting that Gleeson doesn’t attack the ball are morons. I think he is one of the most courageous players on our list. Goes as hard as anyone despite constantly playing on opposition who have 10kgs on him.

16 Likes

It’s the victory whisky talking.

1 Like

nah I thought Marty was farkin awesome today and he doesn’t need any more weight, it allows him to stay mobile and he still competes just as well

1 Like

Gleeson doesn’t play - we don’t win.

Fkn love this guy. What a performance!!!

1 Like

What’s your tipple this evening?

Balvenie, Glendronach, Glenglassaugh and Glenfarclas for me tonight!!!

Monkey Shoulder

2 Likes

I was actually pondering this earlier. Would adding additional weight help or hinder Marty’s game? I am not sure of the answer, but for a lean bloke, he does bl*ody well, IMO, hence my like of your post.

1 Like