#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

yep that’s the thing, the opposition can negate one or maybe two, but when you have 4 to deal with then you’ll really struggle.

Yep, I love the cheeky little look he often has to see on his tail and then he just flicks the switch and is gone. Should back himself a lot more IMO

1 Like

10 Likes

It’ll be better when we get another gem in the 2nd round and the Giants pick another guy who’ll end up playing 80 games, 60 of them for Carlton.

1 Like

So we gave up the equivalent of pick 4 for him. Considering he was touted as a top 5 pick if he were to go in the draft in his draft year and he has clearly what was expected from him if not more, then we did well in that trade. Hope he continues this form into the next 3-4 years.

Has delivered, I believe he also has some upside with his delivery/kicking.

I am comfortable and relaxed about this trade.

His kicking since about round 7 has been elite.

I reckon he’■■■■■ teammates lace out about 5-6 times on his right peg breaking away from a stoppage. Not many can do that

2 Likes

I loved his goal on the run from 50-55 when we needed it

1 Like

Shiel chose us thinking we were going to be a genuine finals/flag chance. While it didn’t have to be this year, and he knows how these things can take time, but… it must be pleasing to him to see he is part of a team that plays some exciting and competitive footy. Rather than think WTF have I done.

5 Likes

55-60

2 Likes

65-70

2 Likes

For our sake I hope that pick 11 keeps getting bigger as the season progresses.

But if it ends up something equivalent to pick 4 then I’m more than happy with that. We wanted a ready to go A-grade midfielder and that’s what we got. On current output he’s at least a top 50 player in the AFL and that’s nothing to scoff at.

2 Likes

= -5

1 Like

I never knew @Bomb_Doe was so good at maths but the emoji is =-} not =-5

1 Like

At least we’re breaking even with GWS too.

I am pretty sure he will finish inside the top 3 at the BNF. The pundits keep saying we still need a big bodied mid. A contested animal like Fyfe or the Bont but he is currently top clearance winner for us averaging 5.4 Fyfe is 7.5 Bont is 6.12 but Shiel is a line breaking runner as well and is probably similar to Dangerfield in the way he plays.
Shiel is also top at Essendon for metres gained. He is in the top 5 mids in the AFL for this stat.
Because he can play inside and out and is fast, he is right up there with Zerret imo.

7 Likes

Boring.

Hepp, Langford, Clarke and stringer give us more than enough size to roll through the middle.

I wonder when the pundits will give up on this.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yep the pundits are idiots. It’s pretty much the last thing we need now