#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Not Shielso?

1 Like

Shiela?

4 Likes

“Rolls” Shiel

Can’t wait to see this guy finally step out on the field for us. Going to rip midfields apart

1 Like

“The Deal”

I don’t know about a nickname for him but I know his midfield teammates should be known as agents of shiel

1 Like

For me that is the massive plus in getting him rather than holding on to our picks and drafting a young kid(s). Shiel is ready to go now and with major impact. Given where we are at with the list we need him now.

6 Likes

Surely his nickname now is Royce

Ro Ro

He doesn’t coach or develop the team. FFS. This list is more than talented to win finals. Its up to the illustrious leader Worstful

Drain Seal

Unbelievable post ! First you speculate that hes not worth 2 first round picks, then you say he IS a quality player that will take us to the Finals with good times ahead. To me 2 first round picks fully justifies a player with that kind of ability to take a club to the finals.

You’re all over the place with your comments, just like my dog’s food bowl when he hasn’t been fed for a day.

Shiel is worth every bit of what we paid for him, Farck me we’ve been crying out for classy players for years. We finally land one that chose us over 3 other clubs and now we’re farcking speculating on what we paid to get him.

Blitz never ceases to amaze me with the crapp that gets put on this site at times.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride with this guy. I’ve seen him play at GWS and at training on a number of occasions now, he’s a JET and worth every thing we gave up .

FFS !

13 Likes

Imagine if the deal fell through? GWS cleared enough cap space to have kept Shiel.

Dodoro cant keep playing the “who blinked first game” because one day it will cost us.

1 Like

This is a really apt analogy, in my opinion. When we bought our current house, we paid about 20% more than I thought it was worth, rather than let it go to auction. Basically, we saw it as a long term thing and a home, instead of an investment and a ‘house’. The fact that it has appreciated beyond expectations is just a happy bonus.

4 Likes

It all makes sense!

Dodoro was willing to get Shiel with two first round picks so we could negatively gear David Zaharakis :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

You’ve forgotten the stamp duty of Mason Redman.

2 Likes

Instead l prefer to imagine you coming up with anything other than a worst case scenario. This isn’t a ‘game’ for Dodoro, this is his profession, he is an expert in his field and well versed in all the nuances involved. He will have been given parameters on how far he can push a deal, and he has performed magnificently.

3 Likes

Agree. If he hadn’t played the “who blinked first game” in 17 with the SSS trade then we might not have had enough trade currency to get Shiel over the line. And we also might not have GWS second round pick this year.

1 Like

It’s not worst case scenario there was reports of Shiel getting nervous/frustrated as the trade dead line was approaching. Dan Richardson had to step in and get the deal over the line becuase Dodoro was being stubborn.

Were the reports from Tom Brown?

3 Likes