A Brief History of West Coast

Andrew Macnish could play a bit, VFL/AFL career cut short by injuries.

Fk Wst Cst.

Do you mean they are just stupid over footy or mostly stupid period?

The former

Pretty sure that the Eagles wanted to recruit Darren Bewick when they set about building their inaugural squad only for him to sign a Form Four with Essendon as he only wanted to play for Essendon as he, wait for it…barracked for us as a kid.

Edit…sorry Diggers, I read your post wrong, you meant the players already at VFL clubs coming home to WA although I doubt that North wanted to give up Ross Glendinning.

I recall him being very much at the back end of his career when he joined West Coast but he was still serviceable enough for North to want to keep him.

■■■■ West Coast, their fans and their lovers in the media. A bunch of entitled ■■■■■■. The number one reason they have been so successful is that they basically have the umps in their pockets for every home game they play, that gives them an 11 game season minimum just about every year. From there it’s not too hard to make finals. Throw in the odd tank to get some early draft picks, a culture of drug taking and hero worship by the local community and they can all suck my hairy balls. ■■■■ em all.

4 Likes

Let me open with, it’s better late than never but had West Coast acted as forthrightly when it’s fans booed A Goodes several years ago, starting a trend that found its way across the AFL and which ultimately pushed one of the all-time great players away from the game, players like L Ryan may not have been subjected to the belching of that entitled on-line sub-culture who not only think its ok to spew bile at those they dislike, but actually believe they have a right to do so.

“When will it end?” Is a very good question but calling it out even when it doesn’t affect us personally is a good place to start. West Coast not only didn’t condemn it’s supporters at the time with Adam Goodes and even went so far to defend their right to ‘boo’ him by suggesting that it had nothing to do with his race which emboldened them and others to then play stacks on the mill under the cover of “he’s a diver” or “he picked on a little girl” or “he didn’t deserve to be Australian of the Year” or every other excuse but not “because he’s a boong.”

It was a disgraceful episode in the game’s history and it seems we have learned nothing since and people like Liam Ryan have to put up with this rubbish just for going about their business. in 2000 and farking 19.

Don’t accept it if you hear it or read it. Push those that do do it into the margins and hopefully one day soon indigenous players will no longer be treated like this.

1 Like

I recall three seasons ago in Perth, when Mrs Fox and I watched the Bombers play Eagles.

At half-time Eagles were only about 5 points up and the Eagles supporters near us boo-ed and abused their Team as it left the field.

Worst supporters I have ever seen.

Koala introduced me to you that night.

If they’re not the worst, they’re at least equal worst.