A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

BT has always been my favourite. Reminds us all that footy is supposed to be fun.

2 Likes

Jason bennett and that italian bloke that commentates other off peak games.

■■■■ off the old blokes and give it to them.

1 Like

According to a report in the Rage, Ediie wasn’t wearing glasses at the time and was not closely watching the C7 feed.
But somehow he knew it was a bad coin toss?

6 Likes

Eddie being Eddie, a ■■■■■■■■.

Would have been surprised if it helped something at Collingwood go under the radar at the same time.

2 Likes

At the moment most commentators get endorsed simply because they’ve played before, despite having no background in broadcasting. That is tokenism at it’s finest.

4 Likes

She’s better than anyone 9 have had post Richie.

I’ve seen this sentiment around the place lately. Haven’t followed closely enough to comment on a decline, but I still think it’s very, very good compared to a lot of sports.

No Bernie No F1?

Compared with the verbal diarrhea of BT - Warnie’s cheap and dirty pizza segment is almost a commentary masterpiece in comparison…

1 Like

No sanction for E McGuire from the AFL over his latest gaffe. Not even a mildly worded statement.

He has an AFL vote and may be on one or more AFL sub- committees.

He’s a very important man.

And has multiple business interests with a number of the AFail Commision and Executive.

1 Like

And he’s fat

Juat wanted to point that out

2 Likes

And an Idiot, and a scumbag.

A Fat Idiot Scumbag.

Yeah, that about covers it, … :smirk:

1 Like

And very powerful…

Just a side note on player commentators, Nick Riewoldt is surprisingly ok. Informative and insightful without being intrusive or baffoonish.

5 Likes

Very informative, I hope he doesn’t go too far ala Cornes and Lloyd.

The thing that ■■■■■ me most about commentators these days is theblatant disregard for research. They’d have people behind the scenes feeding them background info and they and they still have no clue at all. It’s a disgrace

2 Likes

Yep excellent point. The truly great commentators are meticulous about their research, because they never know when that extra knowledge will add value or insight to a call.

It’s little known that Bruce MacAvaney hires a full time researcher who works exclusively for him. He’s not employed by 7, Bruce pays for him himself. At times in his career he’s even had two of them going (pre Olympics etc etc). Now Bruce’s calling has deteriorated recently but employing someone off your own bat shows a real commitment to the craft.

13 Likes