A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless in feud that is threatening AFL Footy Show line-up

February 12, 2016 10:00pm
Mark Robinson

EXCLUSIVE: A feud between Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless has threatened to disrupt the make-up of The Footy Show this year.

The Herald Sun understands the two have fallen out over a deeply private matter which has affected both Lyon and Brownless personally.

Brownless is said to be devastated by the turn of events and has conceded to friends that his mateship with Lyon is virtually over.

It’s believed Lyon, who is said to be under incredible stress because of the situation, hasn’t yet committed to the season-opening show, expected to be on March 23, the day before the AFL season kicks off at the MCG.

The probability of Brownless and Lyon working together this year remains remote.

The feud has put The Footy Show’s line up at risk.

Both Lyon and Brownless, who were contemporaries on the field and have worked together on The Footy Show for at least 15 years, did not return calls from Herald Sun last night.

A senior Channel Nine executive also did not return calls yesterday.

It’s understood people at Channel Nine are aware of the details of why the friendship took a sudden nosedive.

Lyon and Brownless underpin Channel Nine’s flagship sports show, with their blokey humour and close relationship a winner with viewers.

Lyon’s camaraderie with Sam Newman is also a reason why the show has been a TV phenomenon.

Brownless and Lyon are also key on-air talent at radio station Triple M, although the pair are not on the air together.

Billy Brownless is said to have conceded to close friends his friendship with Lyon is virtually over.

Lyon is the face of the station’s game coverage on Friday night and Saturday, while Brownless does a weekday program with James Brayshaw, who is also the co-host of The Footy Show.

Sources told the Herald Sun yesterday Brownless was unaware if he was appearing on the The Footy Show this year.

Lyon’s position will be determined over the coming weeks.

A TV institution, The Footy Show and Brownless came under fire late last year when he called a mother and daughter “strippers” at a junior football function.

AFL chief Gillon McLachlan spoke to Channel Nine managing director Ian Paterson about the sexist gaffes.

It was a difficult year for the ever-popular Brownless.

In July, he spoke of the pain caused by the split with Nicki.

“I didn’t see it coming, so that hurt,” Brownless said.

“And I took a while to get over it. But you’ve got to get back up because that’s what I do, you’ve got to be up and bubbly. We all get down but it’s about getting back on the bike.”

Get David J to interview Bill and ask him about HOT CHIPS

Dogs that look like Garry.

Is the golf cart driver making a move?

Looks to be having a heart attack.

Get David J to interview Bill and ask him about HOT CHIPS
Stallion, are you in the media? 'Cause you're a great stalker.
Why would a 20 year old want to ■■■■ Garry?

Money. Absolutely no other reason.

You reckon?

I’ve always got the vibe from girls that there’s a massive groupie/fame thing going on
Some sort of bragging right if you can hook up with a celebrity

That’s a loose application of the word ‘Celebrity’.

Where’s “absolute sooooooperstah of the competition”.
When he’s referring to Michael forrito

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdGGtSfVAAEB8mL.jpg:large

Where’s the mornic blokey ■■■■ option?

His cans aren’t as nice as Jamie Lees

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdGGtSfVAAEB8mL.jpg:large

For the record, Trev hasn't exactly had the easiest trot either.

I thought your call was harsh on both of them, tbh.

T’was funny though, don’t get me wrong :slight_smile:

I didn’t mind Trev.

I recall when he was doing a roving reporter type of role on Hey Hey It’s Saturday. They sent him to a rodeo somewhere in FNQ. You could tell he wasn’t impressed with his surrounds. After interviewing one of the local derks, he asked the bloke “is there anyone you’d like to say hello to” to which the answer was “yes”. Trev replied " good onya mate" and then said “that’s all from me, back to you in the studio, Darryl” leaving the bloke perplexed. I can still still recall the look on the guy’s face. It was farking hilarious.

GONG HIM RED

For the record, Trev hasn't exactly had the easiest trot either.

I thought your call was harsh on both of them, tbh.

T’was funny though, don’t get me wrong :slight_smile:

I didn’t mind Trev.

I recall when he was doing a roving reporter type of role on Hey Hey It’s Saturday. They sent him to a rodeo somewhere in FNQ. You could tell he wasn’t impressed with his surrounds. After interviewing one of the local derks, he asked the bloke “is there anyone you’d like to say hello to” to which the answer was “yes”. Trev replied " good onya mate" and then said “that’s all from me, back to you in the studio, Darryl” leaving the bloke perplexed. I can still still recall the look on the guy’s face. It was farking hilarious.

No smoke without fire

Most bullsh*t proverb ever.

Garry Lyon has made a career of telling any lie he an think of…no smoke without fire.

1 Like
Any truth to the rumours that Billy's wife is taking the heat for Billy's daughter?

That’s what a lot of people are saying, and stating their sources too. Too much smoke there for there not to be any fire… but we will probably never know the real/full truth either way.

Sad for them but that show can rot and die for all I care.

Twatter rumour is that the wolf dipped his wick into one of Billy’s daughters

Oh no.
The Hairy Man and the Fat Man don’t like each other anymore.
What will the Ancient Man do now?

Who gives a fark. Farkin stupid piece of shiit show catering to the lowest kind of humour.

Twatter rumour is that the wolf dipped his wick into one of Billy's daughters

If that is true it is a pretty dispicable thing to do to your best mate.

1 Like

I can only assume Sarah,will be ringing into Eddies radio show Monday. Saying “There`s nothing amiss ,its all a media beat up”
She’s been spot on so far!

I thought this thread was about the little fish (?) found in someone’s rice bubbles.

At least that was a story of importance.

Breaking: ■■■■■■■■ does ■■■■■■■■ thing.