A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

My sentiments exactly Zimmer.

Very well said.

3 Likes

Finey was alright, nice easy listening driving home later at night.

How someone can have that much of knowledge of so many different sports is mind boggling.

With all due respect to guys like Lyon and Watson, outside of football they offer nothing.

Almost little point having them on before round 1 and after trade week.

2 Likes

I guess there was little point in keeping the station going as is.

1 Like

He never came across as being knowledgeable about anything in my mind. He is just an arrogant bully who would abuse anyone why dared disagree with him resulting in a listener base of sycophants.

7 Likes

lyons ā– ā– ā– ā–  with regards to footy too.

blink

They kept Maher ??

Who is Jack Heverin?

Three months into the footy season people will complain and want the old SEN back, wrongly remembering it to be good, when really itā€™s a load of ā– ā– ā– ā–  and the new SEN will just be a different load of ā– ā– ā– ā– .

8 Likes

The carry on by Marko & Ox when Robbo would arrive in studio on Thursdays was absolutely horrendous, thank fark thatā€™s never going to hit the radio waves again.

As for Finey, they probably did him a favour, wouldnā€™t be surprised if he landed a better gig.

2 Likes

I just donā€™t understand how Robbo is still employed. Heā€™s the head football writer for a big newspaper and heā€™s on TV every night and he is barely literate. Itā€™s quite extraordinary. The sooner everyone takes SENs lead and flicks him the better.

10 Likes

Most reporters who make that level, usually have a few juicy stories up their sleeves - about very important people - that they havenā€™t ever gone to print with.

That usually keeps you employed, especially in the AFL.

4 Likes

Finey is good. He and Rohan Connolys podcast is probably the best AFL one. And listening to the mindless drunks call in on a Friday night was always entertaining

6 Likes

My list of radio people I think add value:
Scott Lucas.

23 Likes

THIS. So much thisā€¦

Yeah but would Robbo actually remember any of the stories that he may have up his sleeve?

1 Like

Could he find his sleeve in the first place??

2 Likes

Of course he can. He needs it to wipe the snot from his nose and the ā– ā– ā– ā–  that he dribbles out of his mouth. But thatā€™s the extent of his personal hygiene.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind Anthony Hudson or Tony Leonard.

3 Likes

Oh well. Listening to Fark Carlton dweebs having a massive rant/winge to Finey after a loss was one of the finer pleasures in lifeā€¦ (particularly in the Malthouse era).

1 Like

They will still rant and whinge regardless of the presenter.