A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Yes, look, some might find me very insensitive for making a joke referencing an atrocity of the past. Yes, I am probably insensitive.

But some of my relatives were badly effected by William of Normandy crossing the channel, and the Norsemen raping and pillaging East Anglia. Some of my relatives were Swiss, the Goths have a lot to answer for, not to mention those Roman Legions who cut a swathe of death and destruction across Europe.

Whats the statute of limitations on these things anyway? At what point are we now allowed to accept these things happened, without having to own some guilt for them, or blame others for the injustices?

/rant.

2 Likes

Has hutchy fired damo from the sounding board?

I reckon three months is long enough.

1 Like

Yep.

I don’t think HAP was actually having a go at you, think he was agreeing with you

3 Likes

Wasn’t the “It’s a Good Idea” bit that gave it away,… was it? :smirk:

Not many claim to care less about SEN but a lot seem to know a fair bit about what’s going on. I reckon Hutchy has done a fantastic job with the line up. Leach broadcast each day from his pedestal and pretended to know more about each sport than the ‘experts’ he had on to discuss them. Ox and Mark Allen were uninformed about almost every topic they spoke on except golf. I couldn’t listen to Fine and thought he was a try hard. Malthouse and Hogg added nothing with the special comments that they were supposed to be there to give. I like Andy Maher although he he talks too much but has great knowledge. Dan Harford would be a welcome return in my book. Just an opinion but far better line up than last year for mine.

Got a bertocchi ham to give away to our best caller, ler us know have Essendon being punished enough for the drugs saga.

10 Likes

Yeah I find this quite amusing too.

1 Like

Brayshaw to call Friday nights on Ch7. Please no.

2 Likes

He’s at least better than Brian Taylor.
Yes, I realise that’s not exactly setting the bar high.

And the thread has gone full circle!

OH NOOOOOO GARRY YOU CANT SAY THAT A LITTLE CRISPY ONE GARRY OH HO HOOO NOOOOO

4 Likes

You can kind of tune out to BT’s inane commentary but you cant tune out the Brayshaw’s CONSTANT YELLING!!!

BT and Brayshaw > basil.

2 Likes

Brayshaw > Basil > A giant pile of rotting horse turds >>> Essendon12 >>>>>>>>>>>> BT

3 Likes

Basil is worse than the drug saga.

8 Likes

Agree! Much prefer BT to Brayshaw. His try hard over the top commentary is terrible. BT is at least occasionally amusing.

3 Likes

Understood, but you know about social media? Any chance you get to have a rant, just go for it !

Hopefully hutchy bans that ■■■■ wit Colbert from SEN. The less platforms he has to air his poison, the better.

8 Likes

Much as I dislike Whately, he probably will improve the quality of talent on air at SEN.

However, members of the “Hutchies mates” clique are filtering into the programs. Perennial blokey types such as Pickers has a spot, Dr Turf is paired up with Bartlett. You can just imagine the studio or how it would be if its wasn’t for workcare.

RADIOVOICE