A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

I don’t often agree with you chapter and verse, but this is a really good point. I never thought of it that way

It depends on the context. Said during a comedy routine, I’d think it was funny. Said by B Hall on a radio pre-game show, not so much.

You know, it’s almost like a joke made in different settings can have a different context!

Concur, but I don’t think anyone’s arguing whether it was funny.
I guess you could take that as a comment both on Triple M and Amy Schummer.

Wow.
Kind of like I said?
So I’m not a coward and a rapist?

I’m guessing yours is the one without any vegetables, ya neanderthal

They should all get sacked for not only talking about this, … but also all the other shitt I hear they talk about in a pre game Footy show full stop IMO.

How far removed from what you are supposed to be talking about can you get?

3 Likes

Capsicum ftw.

1 Like

Very relieved to hear this as my immediate reaction to your social experiment with the two women you live with was that you’re a polygamist.
Sorry I just wanted to start with an unfunny joke to offer some support for your position. I don’t think what we individually find as funny is very relevant here; and as South Park shows, almost anything is acceptable for public broadcasting.
I would feel happier with the corporate response if Montagna and Hall had both been sacked, and if the focus of the public hanging was on the inappropriate context for these things that people do say, and why these statements and the blokey response are felt by some people to be degrading.

2 Likes

What you described is an appalling act but I don’t think ‘sexist’ means what you think it means.

Will probably get attacked for this but SEN’s football coverage is excellent. Not saying you wouldn’t have something like this happen over there but they don’t persue that blokey environment that you hear on other stations. They keep things where they should be on a football broadcast.

5 Likes

Did anyone actually hear this live?
I haven’t listened to Triple M for years.

Red capsicum or green? ANSWER ME

Both.
I actually thought I’d get more heat for the pineapple.

I love pineapple on pizza.

All is forgiven, you big rapist

3 Likes

Sexually abusing a woman as a professional is not Sexism??

Oh you’re right, … it’s not Sexism, … it’s Extreme Sexism …

Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on a person’s sex or gender. Sexism can affect anyone, but it primarily affects women and girls.[1] It has been linked to stereotypes and gender roles,[2][3] and may include the belief that one sex or gender is intrinsically superior to another.[4] Extreme sexism may foster sexual harassment, rape, and other forms of sexual violence.[5]

1 Like

Based on my viewing of The Pizza Show it seems the trick with pizza is not to overload with toppings.

1 Like

Must be true if it’s on Wikipedia. Here’s a more reliable definition:

‘Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.’

• Oxford dictionary.

In all honesty, I think we’re debating semantics. We both agree that the events that took place in your original premise are abhorrent. We both agree that Hall was very much out of line. We both agree that Montanga is in the same boat. All good :+1:

@Paul_Peos worst thread on Blitz?

How the hell Montagna got the conversation to that. What a grub bringing that up about your Mrs.

6 Likes