Aaron Heppell

Wouldn’t be in the first 3-4 I’d look at from our VFL side.

Look at again next year. Glad to hear he’s on the up though.

We should pick up Coghlan and Tippa before him. And if we’re picking up 3 from our VFL side we’re probably not looking hard enough.

Let him do pre-season with us and tell him we’re watching really hard in 2016

Didn’t anyone read the article?

They’ve told him he needs a full year in the ressies, where he is at, & he doesn’t expect anything to happen until after the 2016 season.

Didn't anyone read the article?

They’ve told him he needs a full year in the ressies, where he is at, & he doesn’t expect anything to happen until after the 2016 season.

Shhh… dodgy groins part 2

He’s a long way off but I seriously hope he makes it. Him and Dyson seem to come from great stock and are level headed which is exactly what our club needs. Maybe they can become another great name for the club - the Fletchers, Watsons, Danihers, Heppells - why not?!

Great hair.
Far from sensible. Do not want.

Skippy must be talking about the tackle where Heppell chased down a bloke. In saying that his brother Dyson isn’t overly quick either

I haven’t seen enough to comment on A Heppell per se. But I would say, if the recruiters think he’ll make it he should be rookied this year. There is no point waiting until he proves himself, at which point 17 other clubs can pick him.

If he plays ressies next year and rips it up, then in all likelihood he’ll just become another Dickson/Campbell/Dunnell/ZOB/Barlow.

I haven't seen enough to comment on A Heppell per se. But I would say, if the recruiters think he'll make it he should be rookied this year. There is no point waiting until he proves himself, at which point 17 other clubs can pick him.

If he plays ressies next year and rips it up, then in all likelihood he’ll just become another Dickson/Campbell/Dunnell/ZOB/Barlow.

Agreed, with next year most likely being a bit of a building year and plenty of list spots available. BRING HIM IN

I wonder if he is one of those players where the better the standard of opposition and the bigger the game, the better he gets? Either way, would not be adverse to taking him as a rookie, noting that McKernan will be coming off the list as would Steinberg I would think (one way or the other, don’t think he can actually stay on the rookie list any longer anyway) and possibly also Aylett. That leaves us enough room to take Coghlan, Tippa and Heppell to follow in the tradition of Bags, Crameri and Ambrose of coming through the VFL team to the Senior team.

He looks bog average to me. Smallish, slowish, not a great kick, doesn’t seem to be running through midfield much if at all. Not sure where he’d fit in either.

Played well last weekend though. Needs to prove he can cope in midfield regularly.

Hepp A.

Like 'Boot, my knock on him was he took slow to completely new levels. I’m not sure what happened last week but he really made huge ground on a few occasions to get a fist in and with those run downs.

Goes without saying but he must keep improving. He’s gone from being a ok EDFL player at best this time 12 months ago, to an unconvincing VFL player 6 months ago and his last month has been that of someone who can establish themselves at that level, with Saturday showing another step up. Hopefully the next 2 weeks (touchwood) show similar standard and then who knows.

Like 'Boot, my knock on him was he took slow to completely new levels. I'm not sure what happened last week but he really made huge ground on a few occasions to get a fist in and with those run downs.

I’m gonna go with he must have improved in that area, cos if he hasn’t and people are rating him as slow based on the last couple of games i’d hate to think what under their breath they think of our current midfields speed, cos he’d put most of them to shame in a 100 meter sprint.

Again that’s said on the assumption he’s improved dramatically on peoples opinions of his pace prior to the last couple of weeks.

I’d rookie him this year at the very least. would make it easier to pick him up in a year or two If he was to continue on his improvement. No good building him up to a decent player than running the gauntlet of the ND and some other team picking him up.

Besides if they can keep Jackson merrett on the main list to keep Zac happy, the least they can do is offer hepps brother a rookie list spot.

Love the fact he’s pouring beers at the social club. I reckon that sort of thing is a good sign of a bit of spirit around the club. Plus it makes a story if he makes it, kinda like Nathan Lyon, curator at Adelaide oval.

Rookie him this year. If he doesn’t make it what have we lost really? There are plenty of spots on the list we can free up this year to bring in talent. by the time we get to the end of the draft/rookie spots, its a lottery anyway. How many make it out of the clubs last picks?

its a lottery anyway. How many make it out of the clubs last picks?
I did a rookie count and posted it last year and they actually are very solid earners, around 30%+ to get games, and plenty of top players. We already have 3 or maybe 4 rookies in our best side, Smack, Bags, Hocking and maybe Howlett. And Jenkins and Crameri, both drafted as rookies, would be there if they hadn't left. It's even more impressive if you include pre season selections (Hibbs and Bellcho) which come after the rookie draft. Pretty good lottery odds. They also tend to be a bit more hard nosed than earlier picks which probably makes sense.

Guys who seem limited skill wise, but have great determination, can make excellent taggers.

Nat rat and Bellchambers were rookies too weren’t they? Maybe wrong!