• Our backline bossed them, so many intercept marks
  • Archie on fire
  • Cutler actually had a solid game
  • Zac stepping up as always
  • Tippa didn’t get injured in that huge marking contest

Negatives

• Could have been a 20 goal win. Wasted so many clear chances
  • Ball use inside 50 still ordinary
  • Smith, just not having the impact he should be up fwd. No kicking penetration.
  • Hooker, in a game we were well on top again didn’t do a lot
  • Langers hammy, hopefully it is just precautionary
  • Parish well held, will need him to be able to work harder to break the tag in future
4 Likes

2 goals for the game. 1 in each half.

The second lowest final score in the AFL since 2000.

People are still moaning we only won by 10 goals? I can’t work this joint out. Yeah, we can improve on tonight by kicking more accurately, but this is a club that was tipped to finish in the bottom 2 or 3 on the ladder this year… and with 12 players on the injury list (including, arguably two of our best defenders) kept a club to their lowest score in club history.

I’d rather this feeling than the absolute misery we’ve had in similar games in recent years.

24 Likes

Crows wont catch North but could get pick 2.
Need Pies and Hawks to both win a game.

4 Likes

Part of the issue is looking at Adelaide’s score and thinking why didn’t we win by 100. Adelaide didn’t allow us to do that. They were slow on the ball and had a surprising high amount of game time in possession of the football. When we had it we torched them.

6 Likes

Genuine question.

Does anybody else think that Adelaide tanked that game?? That forward line was never going to kick a score, and everyone knew it.

Very strange.

4 Likes

I rate the Klan agaisnt the sputtering TIGER ARMY and they also play Hawks in a few weeks

Poor Billy Frampton… Probably didn’t play that bad a game Gee did I fkn give it to him after he ate dirt trying to catch Cox

1 Like

Thats one of the most onesided tables ive seen
EFC 9/10 top players on ground including first 6.

1 Like

Himmelberg being a late out gave them no other options.

Positives: Win by 10 goals, Perkins, Lav

Negatives: Have 2 or 3 blokes who can’t kick over a jam jar

1 Like

Took 11 marks to stop it being the requested 100 point margin.

Don’t get me wrong, would be sick to win by 20 goals week in week out. But that hasn’t been our reality for the whole time I’ve properly followed essendon (2005-present) and a 10 goal win x opposition’s lowest score ever sits real ■■■■■■ well wigh me.

3 Likes

Apparently one of the umps said “don’t talk to me like that Darcy”.

Up there with the “stop yelling at me Devon”

What are our players saying to the umps?? :joy:

13 Likes

Fark Victoria Park.

1 Like

Well, we played a milestone game we were expected to win, and managed not to pratfall into a pile of humorous cream pies, so that’s a moderately pleasant change.

6 Likes

Remember like, a long time ago, maybe 2 to 3 years ago, when we used to ■■■■ and moan that we didn’t bury teams and would scrape out 15point ugly wins.

We’re burying teams now. So shut ya farken clams.

19 Likes

SO YOURE THE PROBLEM

3 Likes

Only club in VFL/AFL history to beat the home side (Collingwood) not only in our last game at the venue… but our last 3.

1 Like

It can’t be too bad. If you call an ump a “bald headed flog” you get kicked out of the stadium. Parish was allowed to play out the match, so it can’t have been that bad.

1 Like