Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Have we ever had a pick 3?

If we havenā€™t I say Sack Dodoro!

Everyone has their opinion on Adrian and I admit I sit a bit on the fence with what he has done over the years but I feel itā€™s definitely time to move him on. Just donā€™t feel itā€™s ideal to have the same bloke with the same ideas for so long in his role and itā€™s time to get a different perspective

1 Like

His last fews years have been good, but I do agree with you. How often does one person remain in that role for normally?

Yes, Michael Prior.

Drafted 1992, from East Perth. Played 81 unspectacular games. Another of our squandered high draft picks.

Most famous thing he did at EFC was being reported for racial abuse. Of course he hadnā€™t (he called his opponent a ā€œdumb ****ā€ but the maggot thought he said ā€œdark ****ā€) but the maggots couldnā€™t miss the opportunity to stitch us up.

1 Like

Hahahahaha

Clarke has been great but neither of those players are going to be the ā€œbig bodied midā€ that wins you a grand final.

Calm your farm there lil man

1 Like

Youā€™re the one mouthing off at a player who has stopped the best midfielders this year. Winning a GF takes all the players, including the ones who stop the oppositions main ball winner.

Just as well that you are not a list manager wombat.

Why hide this post? His abuse was worse than what I wrote there.

2 Likes

What does that prove?
Your best mid doesnā€™t have to be a big unit. Look at WCE, won with Shuey (190cm but not exactly huge) plus a plethora of mid-sized running types - Masten, Sheed Redden & Cripps etc.

Clarke, Hepp and Stringer give us plenty of size and grunt, even though Shiel and Zerrett are probably our most consistent performers in there.

Far more issues on the wings and half forward IMHO

2 Likes

Correct, and well put.

You donā€™t need to have a huge gun mid if you can get what they give out of other spots. Which I think we do.

1 Like

Hahaha what a wanker you are

You must feel like such a warrior calling people names on the internet

1 Like

oh the irony

Maybe learn a little about footy before you comment on it, it might help you.

Yeo and Redden 190 cms.

Both (esp Yeo) destroyed our mids last time we played them

We made Oscar Allen look like a superstar, let alone Yeo and Redden

I think it could takeā€¦5 years to build a seriously competitive list again.

5 years to gather enough decent midsā€¦to have quality at the coal faceā€¦you know, where the ball begins?

Why it is a 5 year journey:

• 2019 draft: No first round pick.
  • 2020 draft: First round pick, but it is only pick 10 or so, because Essendon arenā€™t bad enough to really plummet down the ladder.
  • 2021 draft: First round pick, but it is only pick 8 or so, because Essendon arenā€™t bad enough to really plummet down the ladder.
  • 2022 draft: Early first round pick, but the kid needs physical development.
  • 2023 draft: Early first round pick, but the kid needs physical development.

If everything goes smoothly, we will start to rise again from 2024. Woohoo! Hopefully there are still enough older players in decent physical shape at that time, to form a critical mass, and compete once again for a premiership.

1 Like

Hooker, Hurley, TBC, Smack, Brown and even Joe gone by then. So youā€™ll need to use the picks on talls.

Actually pretty optimistic to think we could rise by then. Discoā€™s been list manager for 12 years and hasnā€™t built a list thatā€™s sniffed top 4 yet.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how much more evidence people need.

He canā€™t pick mids for ā– ā– ā– ā–  itā€™s like his ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  kryptonite or something.

and he absolutely has never even sniffed a superstar mid let alone drafted one and heā€™s been at it for the last 15 ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  years.

We will not be successful if he is still calling the shots.

7 Likes

Nah but its the board/medicos/coaches/assistant coaches/cheer squad. Not the ā– ā– ā– ā–  lists dodo-bird has assembled for 15 years. cant be that

1 Like

Anyone on our list can fk off at years end for all I care.

1 Like

All 45 of them? Draft day sure is going to be a loooong one!