Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

He’s on holidays now.

5 Likes

only just got back from holidays too. Hope he has a good travel agent.

5 Likes

can we bring back the DJR 1000 year bans just so we can joke “we still will not have won a final by then”

2 Likes

Bye Bye CGates

5 Likes

I often default to the thousand year ban.

1 Like

i think more like the blind javelin thrower

Time to update the Thread title, it’s all about Talls.

blitz dream is that you follow some other team

He Started as a volunteer in the mid 80s
Robert Shaw was at Fitzroy by 91
Was employed by the club in the 90s
Still remember him being a Carlton supporter at school

you can remember what you like, its not accurate.

2 Likes

Now who should we believe

@Mero - a Blitzer since March 2004

OR

@Bomberthug3 - a Blitz since January 2003

Sorry Mr Thug, but I really like the thought of Dodoro being a former Carlscum Supporter. It proves everything that @JBOMBER (joimnned Blitz December 2003 ) has been saying for a very long time, about him being a secret plant trying to destroy the very fabric of our great Club.

1 Like

It’s the only thing that would make sense to me.

2 Likes

And that he wore #22 for both Carlton and Essendon u/19’s.

Saw 40 posts since i last looked at this thread, thought; here we go, old jackets is copping a premature flaming (FWIW, I love our picks this year)

Nope, just gates being a flog.

4 Likes

We picked 5 Victorian Kids for the first time ever, not one of which played any footy last year.
Thats what you call taking a punt.
For people to suggest we nailed it or they love our picks , I love your optimism , I too think the strategy was right , but too have nailed it with no exposed form for 16months will be more good luck than good management .

Dodoro is a fool , so who no’s , maybe he’s stumbled onto a drafting strategy that works , Guessing.

2 Likes

Dodoro may be many things but he is no fool. He does have a much better control over the english language than you do.

who no’s !!! ; who knows is the correct spelling.

If accumulating key defenders rather than midfielders is the key to Premiership success, then we are about to embark on a golden era and Disco will be thought of as a modern visionary.

This for me is the big unknown and potential of who we drafted. So many kids elevate themselves in their draft year, but all the vic ones didn’t have the chance. Who knows what would have happened. Maybe Perkins would have been the Vic Metro prime midfielder and dazzled with 25-30 per game. Maybe brand and Reid would have dominated the WA and SA KP talls. Maybe Cox would have show how damaging his versatility could be. Or maybe a bunch of athletic mids who were down the order would have shown them all up like McGrath and Toranto in their year. There is so much unknown about our selections. We could have taken three top 5 picks in a normal year or mid second. Only next year will tell.

To all:

Posts removed.

I’ve spoken with Adrian. He feels being labelled a carlton supporter is both scandalous and defamatory!

Impossible not to agree.

Seriously, Keep this thread to critique/discussion of his performance in the job. Discussion of him personally isn’t on. These are real people, with real friends and family, doing their best for the club.

20 Likes

He’ll be right, just bought himself another 5 + years at the helm before it can be decided whether this years picks are a bust.
Think he may have got a bit spooked in this draft.