Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 2)

I have no problem accepting that, based on who played today.

And you can also accept that it’s Dodoro’s fault that he still has Stewart on the list.

Didn’t replace Jayden Davey with a SSP, when he was recruited with a long term injury.

And continues to recruit skinny project players who are barely ready for Amateurs.

Then you look at the bean pole KPP who are either always injured, or can’t compete at VFL level.

But again, I guess we’re just unlucky with injuries.

Box Hill is a better side. They have been for years and years

Their VFL program is actually run extremely well

5 Likes

i can’t say i share your optimism and i don’t actually view the list as being that young. i don’t put much stock into us having the 3rd youngest list, to me it’s more about who’s playing midfield and key position, how young they are and how good they can be, particularly can any of them come close to being one of the best players in the comp.
how much upside can you honestly see in a starting midfield of merrett, shiel and parish, or stringer and wright up forward or laverde, bzt and ridley down back. it’s also not as if dodoro hasn’t looked to build for the now and immediately fill holes rather than do the full rebuild. since 2020 hind, wright, setterfield, weideman, caldwell (although younger), mcdonough, kelly not including of which his attempts to lure dunkley, hill and rankine to the club. it’s why i can’t understand why a rebuild that supposedly started in 2020 can’t be judged until 2026 when there was never a commitment by dodoro to go full youth rebuild. as i said before the only player we’ve traded out over the past two offseasons has been Francis. the tipping point for me on dodoro came in the 2021 offseason:

• recruiting a 25yo role player in kelly
  • no trades made
  • re-signing stringer to a 3 year deal, instead of trading him
  • taking just 3 picks to the draft, only one of which was in the top 50. and then using one of them on a 25yo mcdonough

how was this supposed to be the strategy or plan in year two of a rebuild? it reeked of self-satisfaction with the team having made finals that year only for it to immediately blow up in everyone’s faces round 1 the following year.

2 Likes

Agree. You basically almost identically see it like I do.

If they sack Dodo this year then so be it. I’m comfortable with Vozzo and his decision. Doesn’t mean I agree with it but I’ll accept it.

I see it like you. If Vozzo can get the Club firing and stable, I think the strength of the list and our recruiting will come through in the next 24-36 months.

4 Likes

We see things quite differently, all good.

There’s always an excuse for this scumbag. Nothing is ever his fault.

1 Like

As I’ve already said, our injury management is an issue, which I believe we are working on.

Our lack of body size currently is the reason we still have Stewart on the list, and I genuinely think that Baldwin can replace him.

I think Jayden Davey was the best available at his draft pick, and I think Dodoro has proven he can judge a good SSP pick, and if there weren’t any, why should we take one when he could wait until the MSD when he has more intel?

You can criticise Dodoro for picking tall skinny players, but the jury is still out on whether they will be busts or not, we won’t know for at least a couple of years yet. I don’t think our side is too tall, it will be a matter of how sound their bodies are, which is probably what you are saying.

And also as I have said, if Dodoro isn’t up to the job, Vozzo and Scott will make the right call, so there isn’t really a problem in my mind. We aren’t relying on X, Brasher and Woosha or Truck to decide, and we know that Barham won’t put up with anything he doesn’t believe is up to standard.

4 Likes

What’s good is that maplestone and carey have found twin souls in each other.

Pity that everyone else here thinks they’re talking ■■■■.

3 Likes

Good s…t though. A good robust debate is wholesome.

We are playing well so let’s ignore our biggest flaws.

1 Like

He’s only ever done what he believes is right for the club.
Calling him a Scumbag is a bit low.

2 Likes

It’s not a debate though. You are just repeating the same crap over and over.

So what. The alternative view repeats what I think is the same crap over and over. It’s all crap at the end of the day. But we love it!

Same old excuses

He would have left years ago if he truly was thinking of the club.
He is a parasite

8 Likes

I can do the following;

1. The saga hindered him.
  2. Sheedy hindered him.
  3. The Hindenburg hindered him.
  4. Hind hinders him.

Stay tuned.

This is a good point. Dodoro is no longer a protected species. Scott is already rising strongly in the credibility stakes and has Barham’s full support. If Brad thinks Dodoro is not our best option, then Dodoro is gone.

3 Likes

Welcome to Essendon; Norf recruiting guy

EFA

1 Like