Advertisements on Bomberblitz

Hello Blitz,

As mentioned when we moved servers and upgraded software, ads would be coming to Blitz. This was supposed to be for all logged in and guest members but awhile ago was restricted to guests only. I had been keeping a list of anyone who had donated to the site in any form but had let that lapse for awhile. No more.

I've updated the list of all donators and ads will be turned on for all logged in members once again. If you donated/paid for any of the following you should be exempt from seeing ads:

• Bomberblitz.com Flight plan donation
  • Initial donation drive
  • Stand by Hird posters
  • Back our Boys posters
  • Blitz Caps
  • Blitz Cycling Kits (both versions)

Ad revenue reduces our dependance on donations to continue hosting/software costs. There's a large number of members who do not post, especially those who registered just to view the Sorry Saga Forum (and if those journo's aren't going to contribute we might as well make some money out of them).

But Rolo, I have donated to those and I'm seeing ads!

If your PayPal email differs to your Blitz email then I can't match you. Or I might have just missed you on the list. PM me with info and I'll add you to the Donators list at my earliest convenience.

I use AdBlock Rolo, suck it.

I don't care. Using AdBlock on Blitz is your choice. Promoting the use of AdBlock on Blitz is against the rules and enough reason for a suspension.

What else does donating get me, Rolo?

Abso-frigging-lutely nothing other than ad-free Blitz.

Rolo pls, can I still donate if I missed one of those opportunities?

Yes.

I think you may have just promoted the use of AdBlock  ;)

Suddenly I want a new cash register. 

farkin sell outs.

I think you may have just promoted the use of AdBlock ;)

Banned
1 Like

Cool . I get UK ads

Clever

(I will donate though now I know the rules).

I love that one about the 1000 Asians.

So does this mean I can start advertising here too?!

Thinking of turning off the dating ads, they're so annoying and stupid.

Thinking of turning off the dating ads, they're so annoying and stupid.

A lot of them are also NSFW

Rolo, turn off my ads please! Donated to both #standby and #backourboys

Done

Also removed dating and other NSFW ad categories.

There goes my social life then....

1 rule of a flat stomach

Cut down on a bit of stomach fat every day using this 1 weird old tip.

Should I click the link?  What will it tell me?

LOL!

There was NSFW ads?

Rolo, I donated to #standbyhird, mind switching off my ads? changed my email address so think that brought them back.

LOL!

There was NSFW ads?

Yep, Im sure my boss was interested to find out why I was interested in the services of Korean Love Brides.

I donated to #backourboys

However if the amount of $$$$$$ you get is dependant on the number of users who can see the ads (unlikely but thought i'd ask) then leave mine on except the NSFW ones.

I donated to #backourboys

However if the amount of $$$$$$ you get is dependant on the number of users who can see the ads (unlikely but thought i'd ask) then leave mine on except the NSFW ones.

Nah you're right mate. Donators should be looked after. Done!