AFL cancels Christmas

Here’s a novel idea, sports journo’s who actually write about the sport that is being played ON THE FIELD. Hmmmm, Rohan Connolly and Emma Quayle would be lonely at That insignificant (made up news)paper.

'then it shouldn't be too hard for Essendon people to allow 2013's war of the supplements to fade into legend. For everyone else, besides Hawks fans, 2013 is a year best forgotten.'

Of course, Jake, Essendon supporters should allow it 'to fade into legend', you and your paper should also allow it 'to fade into legend', but, I am guessing, that you are are a 'do as I say and not as I do' type of guy, else wise, you would be writing about other things happening in the sports world.    

Exactly so Ellie; Jake shows his true and substantial bias there.  We still have AD as head honcho and it's only as far back as few hours since he last twisted the knife with his Scrooge like vindictiveness.

This is just bizzare beyond belief. How the hell do the AFL have any right to determine who does or does not attend a fkn Xmas party??

And why the hell do they / should they care?

Flabbergasting.

Would love to see Little come out and say " there was nothing in the agreement to say Hird couldn't attend the Christmas party, sorry Vlad but he's going"
Then Burnside starts tweeting..... Do the AFL really want to go to court over this ?

AD response would be 'there will be NO James Hird attendance at the Christmas party, under the AFL I lead.

(my apologies to Julia Gillard)

The media's rubbishing of Hird is not getting the desired results.  The worse they try and make him look, the better he looks in the eyes of Essendon supporters.

Keep on with the mud slinging you trolls, we laugh in your face and raise Essendon and Hird a little higher on the pedestal.

This is just bizzare beyond belief. How the hell do the AFL have any right to determine who does or does not attend a fkn Xmas party??

And why the hell do they / should they care?

Flabergasting.

It's great. Makes the AFL and AD look like utter ■■■■ hats

Secretly Hird is relieved.

This now prevents every no name drunk #@#$% coming up to him and saying; "Hirrddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....owyagoingmaaatteee.... wanna shout us? you've just got a big mill pay out, you can afford it................."

Somewhere among all that was mention of a 2014 commemorative pin. I imagine as years go by, this will be a prized & proudly worn piece of kit.

Will denote the truly loyal & faithful. If you've never been a member before, now is the time people. The BEST way to shove it up the detractors would be to reach 65K plus members next year.

Now I'm sure David Lynch is behind this whole thing. 

looking forward to the Footscray game now for a change.
the banner before the game should read "thanks mate"

And: "F@#k you Crameri."

I would be very surprised if there was anything in the deed that Hird signed that prohited him attending a Xmas function. You would think that the clowns at AFL would be happy to keep quiet after the payment fiasco.

Ah but you see, you are missing the subtleties. It goes without saying (literally) that there must have been 'clear intent' in the Deed of Settlement that Hirdy not attend the Xmas party.

I would be very surprised if there was anything in the deed that Hird signed that prohited him attending a Xmas function. You would think that the clowns at AFL would be happy to keep quiet after the payment fiasco.

Ah but you see, you are missing the subtleties. It goes without saying (literally) that there must have been 'clear intent' in the Deed of Settlement that Hirdy not attend the Xmas party.

It was a bauble agreement. 

Scrooge would be proud. 

Seriously, the AFL’s pettiness knows no bounds and just makes them look more and more like the vindictive pack of bullies that they are.

I honestly don't know how to react to that Andrew Tate article. Should I:

a] laugh, at how it makes the paper's childish bias so blindingly obvious?

b] laugh, at how poorly written it is? Or,

c] laugh, at both of the above, manifest as a journo irrationally flailing about in sanctimony, having repressed, so forcefully, his own professional duties?

It's got to be one of these, cos the only other option is to cry. That paper has lost the plot, and there are so many people who have acted so childishly this year.

Essendon just sent this Christmas card to Vlad...........................................

funny-christmas-cards.jpg

.....and he just cancelled our Christmas party

Seriously, the AFL's pettiness knows no bounds and just makes them look more and more like the vindictive pack of bullies that they are.

I've had some interesting comments over the last couple of days. Where I live it seems most of the non EFC football fans are viewing the AFL as corrupt, Demitriwho as a manipulative liar, Hird as a greedy rich bloke, and EFC as the fall guy. Better than it was.

Essendon membership up 17%.

Age readership down 17%.

Hird will outlast Demetriou, and Essendon will outlive The Age.

That’s victory.

Sorry Jake, I can’t hear you above the crashing of your dying 'news’paper.

The AFL is also sending a letter to Santa c/o North Pole notifying him that young Jim has had a naughty 2013. Santa is reminded that under the terms of Santa's licensing agreement with the AFL he is restrained from entering Jim's chimney & he must not give Jim any Christmas presents in 2013.

AFL putting the X into Xmas.

Essendon just sent this Christmas card to Vlad...........................................

funny-christmas-cards.jpg

.....and he just cancelled our Christmas party

Reminds me of a certain kevin ■■■■■■ wilson song about santa!