AFL cancels Christmas

Haahhaah Hird actually won the pay dispute!? Nice one Hirdy.

Essendon membership up 17%.
Age readership down 17%.
Hird will outlast Demetriou, and Essendon will outlive The Age.
That's victory.
Sorry Jake, I can't hear you above the crashing of your dying 'news'paper.

So if Andrew Tate wants to make comparisons with Holden, he should give up writing about what's going on at Essendon, and spend more time looking at his own back yard.

I think we need to look at some type of campaign from the fans to hit back at a few of these people attacking the club.  Some posters "Stand by Hird" style with pointed attacks would send a message.  One side could read: Peter "The Puppet" Gordon, the other side: Andrew's Forever Lying. Other slogans could be: Justice or Just Us? Another Fairfax Lie or Brett "where's the integriyty" Clothier.  We don't need expensive board or high quality printing just 1-2000 of each to hand out beofore games.  Yes security will likley try to take them but the message will get through. 

Auskadi and Grant Thomas firing on all cylinders on Twitter this morning. I'm not going to bother quoting them. If you're interested, you can have a look yourselves.

Problem is that the empty-headed majority think that we all think the club is squeaky clean in all of this.

I think Hird deserved his suspension and the club deserved the fine. That's about it though.

I'm more angry about the Age and the AFL. Every time the AFL is made to look bad, an irrelevant, rehashed article such as the one about Fahey comes out in the Age the next day. It's happened every single frigging time.

[spoiler]I suppose Andrew Tate will have to change his daughter's name now...he squeezed the Essendon reference past his wife and called her Scarlett Ebony.[/spoiler]

Just when you thought the AFL couldn’t behave any worse. If we wanted we could say “Hird is being paid in 2013, the same year that Christmas is in so he should be able to attend”. Typical of the AFL shifting the goalposts when they feel

Problem is that the empty-headed majority think that we all think the club is squeaky clean in all of this.

I think Hird deserved his suspension and the club deserved the fine. That's about it though.

I'm more angry about the Age and the AFL. Every time the AFL is made to look bad, an irrelevant, rehashed article such as the one about Fahey comes out in the Age the next day. It's happened every single frigging time.

[spoiler]I suppose Andrew Tate will have to change his daughter's name now...he squeezed the Essendon reference past his wife and called her Scarlett Ebony.[/spoiler]

Nobody deserves any penalty until their accusers have been made to outline the evidence against them and overcome any defence to that evidence. That's never happened here.

Just when you thought the AFL couldn't behave any worse. If we wanted we could say "Hird is being paid in 2013, the same year that Christmas is in so he should be able to attend". Typical of the AFL shifting the goalposts when they feel

They just picked an 'issue' they knew the club wouldn't bother to fight over. Congratulations AFL, you are indeed the pettiest of them all.

Just when you thought the AFL couldn't behave any worse. If we wanted we could say "Hird is being paid in 2013, the same year that Christmas is in so he should be able to attend". Typical of the AFL shifting the goalposts when they feel

They just picked an 'issue' they knew the club wouldn't bother to fight over. Congratulations AFL, you are indeed the pettiest of them all.

This is a plain case of 'and another thing,' petty nit picking of the highest order. As a PR exercise this is minor but it is still a disaster. 

Welcome to Vladistan. We cancelled Christmas.

As Jake Niall, spinned version of events continues to be proven as spin he now wants us all to just forget about it. Backtracking much...

Can someone organise a 'patch over'.

A patch to put on my essendon gear over the AFL logos.

something like this would work nicely.

stock-vector-fist-hand-red-clenched-vect

Btw. Who else ■■■■ themselves when they saw the title of this thread?

Agree, I have put black marker over all my AFL logos .

Read both articles

dafuq-o.gif

It’s getting to the point where ‘The Age’ is getting very very desperate. Honestly, how do garbage articles get past the publisher/editor??

Can they even afford those people?

As for AFL’s decision about the XMAS party, it has left me speechless. Gets more and more immature.

Like 'Boot said, non-EFC fans are starting to realize how silly and corrupt the AFL really is.

Off site Christmas!

Hird attends Black Ops Christmas!

So now the AFL is trying to micromanage the Deed, another case of “we really meant to put into the Deed that Hird couldn’t attend Christmas parties but it was an oversight”.

How many more “implied” conditions are going to come up over the next 12 months?

AFL is a joke.

#standbyhirdatchristmas

Andrew ‘stick a pin in me, I’m done’ Tate a supporter?!?! Can we delist him? I doubt any other club would be interested in a trade for this one.

It's getting to the point where 'The Age' is getting very very desperate. Honestly, how do garbage articles get past the publisher/editor??
Can they even afford those people?
As for AFL's decision about the XMAS party, it has left me speechless. Gets more and more immature.
Like 'Boot said, non-EFC fans are starting to realize how silly and corrupt the AFL really is.

They get past the "editor" because it is the editor now writing these garbage articles. Amazing level of desperation.

You gotta fight

For your right

To paaarteee